Chiltern Classics Reliability Rides 2008

Bronzie
Bronzie Posts: 4,927
Break-in the new season with a series of "Reliability Rides" to burn off the Xmas pudd :)

The dates have now been finalised as follows:

Sun 27/01/08 09:00 start - Harp RC - 100km/50km
Hemel Hempstead CC Club Room, Nash Mills Lane, Hemel Hempstead, HP3 9TE

Sun 03/02/08 09:00 start - Team Quest - 100km
Ickenham Guide Hut, Community Close, Ickenham, UXBRIDGE, UB10 8RE

Sun 10/02/08 09:00 start - Edgware RC - 100km/50km
Denham Country Park, Denham Court Drive, Denham, UXBRIDGE, UB9 5PG

Sun 17/02/08 09:00 start - Hemel Hempstead CC - 100km/50km

Sun 24/02/08 09:30 start - Willesden CC - 100km/60km

Sun 02/03/08 09:30 start - CC Luton - 100km/65km
Edlesborough Village Hall, High Street, Edlesborough, Bucks. LU6 2HX

More details on our website:
www.ccluton.com/reliability_ride.htm
or here
http://www.hemelcycling.org.uk/content.aspx?PageId=79

So what's a "Reliability Ride" :?:
Reliability rides are traditional early season non-competitive training events similar to an Audax ride in format. At signing-on, you decide how long it will take you to ride around the course, and if you complete the event within your chosen time band, you receive a certificate. Some of the rides are route-marked, others will provide you with a route sheet to navigate yourself around the course.

Comments

• APIII
    APIII Posts: 2,010
    Great, see you there!
  • Fat Head
    Fat Head Posts: 765
    These rides are the absolute business....really miss them not living in LOndon town anymore
  • oldwelshman
    oldwelshman Posts: 4,733
    Bronzie wrote:
    Break-in the new season with a series of "Reliability Rides" to burn off the Xmas pudd :)

The dates have now been finalised as follows:

Sun 27/01/08 09:00 start - Harp RC - 100km/50km

Sun 03/02/08 09:00 start - Team Quest - 100km

Sun 10/02/08 09:00 start - Edgware RC - 100km/50km
    Denham Country Park, Denham Court Drive, Denham, UXBRIDGE, UB9 5PG

Sun 17/02/08 09:00 start - Hemel Hempstead CC - 100km/50km

Sun 24/02/08 09:30 start - Willesden CC - 100km/60km

So what's a "Reliability Ride" :?:
    Reliability rides are traditional early season non-competitive training events similar to an Audax ride in format. At signing-on, you decide how long it will take you to ride around the course, and if you complete the event within your chosen time band, you receive a certificate. Some of the rides are route-marked, others will provide you with a route sheet to navigate yourself around the course.

Are these dates final ?
    I am pretty sure Hemel organised a track session at Newport on the 17th Feb so thought they may have swapped tis Hemel reliability to another day.
    I will do the ones that are dry, but will be in Israel on 17th so will be cycling there instead :D
  • Bronzie
    Are these dates final ?
    Sorry for the extremely late reply - I've been away / too busy to get on the forum for a few weeks.

Yes, Roger Manley from the Hemel who oversees the series has confirmed the dates. Think the Hemel's track day is to be re-organised to suit.
  • Bronzie
    ...............bumpity bump..............

First event is this coming weekend.................... :D
  • Bronzie
    ...............and finally, the one you've all been waiting for! 8)

• oldwelshman
    Bronzie wrote:
    ...............and finally, the one you've all been waiting for! 8)

Havent been out on road for 2 weeks so will do this and take it easy, what time you heading off? :lol:
  • Bronzie
    Havent been out on road for 2 weeks so will do this and take it easy, what time you heading off? :lol:
    I'm the organiser so I'll be making tea and selling sticky buns instead - hope to see you there with your Newport track legs in fine fettle :wink:
  • Bronzie

Hope you have organised the weather to be better than last year. I have only just dried out :)

I am riding out from home so altogether a 100 miler.

Jim
  • Bronzie
    jimmoffatt wrote:
    Hope you have organised the weather to be better than last year
    But of course, the howling wind will transform into a gentle spring zephyr and the skies will be free of clouds.................until 9:30am when it will probably all kick off again :?
  • alan14
    alan14 Posts: 149
    Just to say thanks for organising such a nice ride - well sign-posted and along quiet roads, some of which I'm familiar with. It was my first sportive and I surprised myself by managing to keep going with just a brief stop in Ashridge. A big breakfast and eating and drinking little and often along the way certainly helped. Excellent conditions too, though that north-westerly wind was quite tough on the return from Redbourn, but the descent into Dagnall was great.
  • Bronzie
    Alan14 - glad you enjoyed it & congrats on getting around the full 60 miles - we had a record turnout of 89 riders, which is about the limit that we can deal with comfortably in terms of size of the hall, at signing on and size of groups on the road.

Thanks to all of you from BikeRadar that turned out to ride and for the compliments on the route and the tea! Makes all the effort of organising worthwhile. 8)
  • Bronzie

Great event again, despite puncturing with about 5 miles to go. Well organised, nice quiet course and no rain this year :)

Jim
  • oldwelshman
    Alan14 wrote:
    Just to say thanks for organising such a nice ride - well sign-posted and along quiet roads, some of which I'm familiar with. It was my first sportive and I surprised myself by managing to keep going with just a brief stop in Ashridge. A big breakfast and eating and drinking little and often along the way certainly helped. Excellent conditions too, though that north-westerly wind was quite tough on the return from Redbourn, but the descent into Dagnall was great.

What descent into Dagnall? :)
    I missed left turn and went through Studham, then went wrong again and went up the downs, turned back around and went over whipsnade :) Think Jim did the same and a few others also did this, never mind a couple of extra secret miles wont hurt :) Just think, with signs and the fact I I live 2 miles from there and still went wrong :oops:
  • APIII
    APIII Posts: 2,010
    It was a great ride - A real joy to be out on my local roads with so many other riders. Good effort with the 'Jan Ullrich' muffins by the way. It was much appreciated :D
  • Bronzie
    APIII wrote:
    Good effort with the 'Jan Ullrich' muffins by the way.
    Yep - eat too many of those bad boys and guess who you end up looking like :lol:
    Just think, with signs and the fact I I live 2 miles from there and still went wrong :oops:
    Well, I put the signs up Friday afternoon and the wind on Friday night didn't actually remove any, but some had spun round when I went round to collect them...........the left turn just before Studham included. That's the only problem with following route signs, you get to depend on them especially when your leggies are getting tired.
  • oldwelshman
    I was on auto pilot :D I usually go through Studham and up downs to my house.
    Dont forget Friday if you want a night on track :D
  • oldwelshman
    I bet you only put out the signs on Friday night so you could spy on the doggers :oops: