Track World Cup - Beijing

Eddy S
Eddy S Posts: 1,013
edited December 2007 in Track
And, on to this week’s instalment of the Track World Cup from Beijing! 8)

Results as the events finish from the Tissot Timing site and you can watch the ‘evening’ sessions free on cycling.tv. BTW, don’t forget that Beijing is 8 hours ahead! (the GMT timings are shown...)
I’m a sprinter – I warmed up yesterday.

Comments

• andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,112
    Great start for the GB team this time round.

Is it on TV at all?
  • Eddy S
    andyp wrote:
    Great start for the GB team this time round.

Is it on TV at all?
    Day 1 - 1 Gold, 3 Silver and 1 Bronze
    Day 2 - 2 Gold

A pretty good weekend so far! :D

I've been watching on cycling.tv - the coverage has been good but the picture isn't that great on the free channel. I will have to try to sort out a subscription to the UCI channel again and hook the PC up to the TV for the next two rounds. Not seen coverage in any other listings. The BBC definitely isn't showing it and I haven't got Sky or Eurosprort anyway.
  • Eddy S wrote:

I've been watching on cycling.tv - the coverage has been good but the picture isn't that great on the free channel. I will have to try to sort out a subscription to the UCI channel again

I got a quarterly subscription just for the world cup events - it was 8 euros I think. BBCi will be showing the world champs, so an annual sub didn't make much sense.

I have a Mac though, so I have to zoom in on the embedded window as full screen isn't available to Flip4Mac users (the only way you can watch WMVs in OS X). Would be nice if Cycling TV worked with something other than Windows Media Player.
  • Eddy S
    I got a quarterly subscription just for the world cup events - it was 8 euros I think. BBCi will be showing the world champs, so an annual sub didn't make much sense.
    I did try to subscribe to the UCI channel for the World Cup events earlier this year but had loads of problems accessing the payment link. There was little support or willingness to sort the problem out (apparently it was “all at my end” – yeah, right.. :roll: ) so I just abandoned the idea. I’m willing to give it another try for the rest of this track season.

I’m aware that BBCi will televise the World Champs – just need to line someone up with a DVD or video recorder as I’ll be in Manchester for all 5 days watching! 8)
  • looking forward to la, although not sure the gb team will be as large as normal

http://www.velodromeshop.org.uk - Track Cycling Shop from Velodrome.org.uk - Casco, Bont Shoes, Dolan, Campag, Reflex Nutrition, Sugino and more
    http://www.sportstrainingsolutions.com - Cycling and Sports Therapy in Mallorca