Tom Boonen likes 'em young apparently

Bronzie
Bronzie Posts: 4,927
edited December 2007 in The bottom bracket
His new squeeze is just 16 - and him a mature gent of 27. Shouldn't be allowed. :wink:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id= ... dec06news2

"Boonen had further difficulties with the newspaper this week after it published a story on his new girlfriend, 16 year-old Sophie van Vliet, the daughter of former pro Leo van Vliet, now organiser of the Amstel Gold Race and Amstel Curaçao Race. The sprinter at first denied the story, then admitted it, but said that the reporter had lied to him about where the interview would appear."

Comments

• Johnny G
    Johnny G Posts: 348
    Jealous jealous jealous!

Me too :lol:

• Rule No.10 // It never gets easier, you just go faster
  • this thread is useless without pics :lol::lol::lol:
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    First google hit for Sophie van Vliet (purely for research purposes only :shock:) :

http://www.flickr.com/photos/21160783@N06/2088234493/
  • afx237vi wrote:
    First google hit for Sophie van Vliet (purely for research purposes only :shock:) :

http://www.flickr.com/photos/21160783@N06/2088234493/

be rude not to! :shock:
    Cycling - The pastime of spending large sums of money you don't really have on something you don't really need.
  • And here's another (scroll to the end of the post)

Clicky :shock:

It's enough to make a grown man cry
    I was only joking when I said
    by rights you should be bludgeoned in your bed
  • The proof!!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/21160783@N06/2088234573/

She's well developed for a 16 year old

Rule No.10 // It never gets easier, you just go faster
  • The proof!!

Don't think she'd have to worry about drowning with those floatation aides :shock:
    Beer, the reason my ambitions have not become my achievements
  • afx237vi
    We're all on some kind of government list now, aren't we?

Seriously, what kind of conversation do you get with a 16 year old girlfriend? And shouldn't she be doing her homework instead of swanning around in Curacao?!
  • pedylan
    pedylan Posts: 768
    The proof!!

That photo, IMHO, looks every bit as realsitic as her breasts. :roll:
    Where the neon madmen climb
  • afx237vi wrote:
    We're all on some kind of government list now, aren't we?

Seriously, what kind of conversation do you get with a 16 year old girlfriend? And shouldn't she be doing her homework instead of swanning around in Curacao?!

I don't think men have 16 year old girlfriends for the conversation...
  • alanmcn1
    alanmcn1 Posts: 531
    16?????????????? God it's alarming how easily one could get arrested these days :shock:
    Robert Millar for knighthood
  • clanton
    clanton Posts: 1,289
    alanmcn1 wrote:
    16?????????????? God it's alarming how easily one could get arrested these days :shock:

dude that's wishful thinking!
  • ricadus
    ricadus Posts: 2,379
    Well, in a way he's a kid too, even at 27. He's been cosseted since late teens by virtue of his superstar status and perhaps as a result still has a somewhat stunted juvenile mindset.
  • ricadus wrote:
    Well, in a way he's a kid too, even at 27. He's been cosseted since late teens by virtue of his superstar status and perhaps as a result still has a somewhat stunted juvenile mindset.

Hey, according to most women none of us men ever grow up. Looking at those pictures though, I'll bet his juvenile mindset is the only thing that is stunted
  • Hmm. A year or two younger and then that's just wrong. I guess if they're still together when she's 18 and over, then nobody would even take notice?
  • Casting my expert eye over her ample curves, I reckon in eight to ten years she'll be twice the size she is presently. Then again, I don't think Tom is thinking that far ahead. Neither, for that matter, would I. :oops:
  • afx237vi
    ricadus wrote:

I'm two years younger than Boonen, but I'd still find it WAY too weird to have a girlfriend in the 5th form :shock:

But what's weirder, 27 year old Boonen going out with a 16 year old, or 36 year old Lance Armstrong going out with a 21 year old Olsen twin?

(Nothing can surely top Jacques Anquetil having a kid with his step-daughter.)
  • McBain_v1
    McBain_v1 Posts: 5,237
    I think that relating her age to school years is what would put me off! It just wouldn't feel right. Mind you, if you met her in a night club you wouldn't bat an eyelid. Girls just seem to grow up (and out) faster than lads :oops:

What do I ride? Now that's an Enigma!
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,608
    edited December 2007
    <Philosophy on>
    I personally don't see why age gaps should be so weird.

By brother is 40, and his gf is 23, but they've been together for 3 years, and are very much in love and happy together.

Age is only a number, and some people are more immature for their age, and some people more mature for theirs, as long as it's legal and both parties want to be there, I don't see why it should be classed as weird or wrong.
    </Philosophy off>
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • A bit of all right, I'd say.
    2088234493_e780bf6e3d.jpg?v=0
    I shouldn't think many Pro athletes are exactly PhD material, Boonen's English is excellent but I don't know anything about his background to say waht their dinner table conversation would be.
    Anyway, perhaps he asks he to wear her school uniform when she comes round for tea :wink:
    Remember that you are an Englishman and thus have won first prize in the lottery of life.