Och Aye!

tardington
tardington Posts: 1,379
edited December 2007 in The bottom bracket
I'm off out to a work do for my gf... in a kilt! It's a chilly wind - I hope there are no Marilyn monroe moments - I'll get frostbite! :shock:

And before you ask, I am wearing pants... THERMAL pants. It's bloody cold!

Comments

• McBain_v1
    McBain_v1 Posts: 5,237
    I thought all real Scotsmen went commando under their kilts and drank McEwans hyper-strength beer to nullify the cold :?:

What do I ride? Now that's an Enigma!
  • pneumatic
    pneumatic Posts: 1,989
    Sound like it's your first time:

1. you don't wear pants for warmth under a kilt; with 8 yards of exothermic fabric around your nethers, you will never feel cold.
    2. you would choose underwear if your nethers are easily prone to chafing. A good pair of cyclist's thighs will join at the groin. After a night out in a hot social space (or a couple of days on tour with the Tartan Army), they will be very raw. OK, that's probably too much information.
    3. Maryling Monroe moments are a possibility, but molestation is the more likely hazard. It takes quite a lot of wind to lift a kilt and not much curiosity.
    4. KNEES TOGETHER!, especially when seated on steps, staging or balconies. If you drink too much, you will forget this, as a relaxed man likes to spread his knees in mock sexual display. Trouble is, when wearing the kilt, it isn't a mock display, but will invite mockery (and a lot of photography to be used against you later).

Have a good time.

ps. have you practised your urinal technique? - there's an art to it!

Fast and Bulbous
    Peregrinations
    Eddingtons: 80 (Metric); 60 (Imperial)

• tardington
    tardington Posts: 1,379
    1) I would normally agree with you but I want to have CHILDREN at some point

2) No one except tramps drinks McEwans anymore!

3) Possibly I am failing at scottishness...
  • pneumatic
    pneumatic Posts: 1,989
    Actually, the modern kilt was (re)invented by an Englishman from Leeds in 1840. It is really just a Victorian panto outfit,

or pantless outfit, as you choose!

Fast and Bulbous
    Peregrinations
    Eddingtons: 80 (Metric); 60 (Imperial)

• ivancarlos
    ivancarlos Posts: 1,034
    pneumatic wrote:
    4. KNEES TOGETHER!, especially when seated on steps, staging or balconies. If you drink too much, you will forget this, as a relaxed man likes to spread his knees in mock sexual display. Trouble is, when wearing the kilt, it isn't a mock display, but will invite mockery (and a lot of photography to be used against you later).

Made that mistake at a wedding no less and in a church too! :shock:
    I have pain!
  • McBain_v1
    McBain_v1 Posts: 5,237
    Apologies for suggesting that you are a tramp who drinks McEwans :oops: I'm not familiar with the Scottish beer tipple (pint of Heavy?).

What do I ride? Now that's an Enigma!