Fork for 05 rockhopper.

chaos_chris
chaos_chris Posts: 3
edited December 2007 in XC and Enduro
Cant find any reference to size of my Manitou axels :(
seeing as they are falling apart and very worn, any suggestions ?
Budget £200
I Still cant see the difference between the relelation / reba / recon forks...anyone care to explain - all fairly similar on Sram website (i did look) :shock: :?

think i will go for rockshox as i love my PIKE (on other bike) :lol:

Don't want to upset the geometry too much. 8)

all suggestions welcome.

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    measure the length of the inner legs. and also the axle to crown (race) so you have some comparison figures.

but you will be wanting a 100mm travel fork ( well up to 110/115mm max)

then what do you use the bike for as will govern what fork as will your budget. but i would say a 100mm reba if more XCish use.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Agree with Nick, look at the 100mm Reba.

The differences in the reba/recon/rev are small, but enough to make a difference to the dedicated rider.

Rev is essentially a longer travel Reba, a little heavier. Also avialable coil spring.

The Recon is more budget oriented: no dual air or air uturn available, or external floodgate. Some have steel steerers, and the chassis is optimised for use ie a XC or AM version. All these terms are exlpained on the site.
  • gaz047
    gaz047 Posts: 601
    totally agree with nick and supersonic, i had a 05 rockhopper which came with manitou splices and unfortunatly these were the only thing letting the bike down. i upgraded to rockshox reba team air u-turn and found them outstanding once i'd played around with the pressures and rebound. my mate has it now and they still going strong after nearly 3 years of riding mainly in the peaks.
    if it ain't rainin.....it ain't trainin
    Stick your 'rules' up your a%se