I was getting into cycling until it robbed me of my manhood

songwriter
songwriter Posts: 109
edited December 2007 in Road beginners
My first pair of cycling tights arrived today. And now I'm a lady.

Cucumber in tin foil me thinks
The scent of these arm-pits is aroma finer than prayer

Comments

• feel
    feel Posts: 800
    :lol:

Bananas are a good energy snack. I keep mine in the back pockets of my cycling shirts. Maybe you could keep yours somewhere else :wink: At least you'll start off as a man 8)
    We are born with the dead:
    See, they return, and bring us with them.
  • Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    songwriter wrote:
    I was getting into cycling until it robbed me of my manhood
    Why does this bring to my mind the title of a Country & Western song? :?

Did Kenny Rogers write it?
  • McBain_v1
    McBain_v1 Posts: 5,237
    Maybe you're a ladboy :shock:

What do I ride? Now that's an Enigma!
  • songwriter wrote:
    My first pair of cycling tights arrived today. And now I'm a lady.

Think of yourself as looking like Action Man instead if it makes you feel better.
  • webbhost
    webbhost Posts: 470
    ***WOOOSH**** Is it a plane? is it superman? No its Cycleman and he even has his OWN uniform!

Admittingly I want some of this gear, but I'm not brave enough to take the plunge yet
  • webbhost wrote:
    Admittingly I want some of this gear, but I'm not brave enough to take the plunge yet

I'm always kinda embarassed when I go out in my cycling gear, but only for the first 5 mins until I get going. After that I kinda just forget. :)
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    You'll get used to them songwriter, we all go through this don't worry. Just enjoy the freedom they give you whilst cycling.
  • Nuggs
    Nuggs Posts: 1,804
    This reminds me of an old joke:

A skinny chap was sun bathing on Malibu Beach, watching the hotties but getting no attention himself. He watched with envy as a muscle-bound bloke walked past, drawing the attention of every girl on the beach.

In the end, our skinny friend walked up to the hunk and asked if he has any tips for attracting female attention.

The hunk says "Don't tell anyone I told you this, but a potato down the trunks works wonders".

Skinny boy goes to the shop, gets a spud and puts it down his shorts. He then struts off down the beach. This time he's attracting plenty of attention, but the girls all seem completely repulsed.

He goes to find the hunk and asks him what went wrong.

The hunk tells him "you're supposed to put the potato down the FRONT of your trunks"

Eyethankyoo - I'm here all week. Try the veal. 8)
  • Cyrenne
    Cyrenne Posts: 184
    Some may call it 'budgie smuggling'.
  • DavidTQ
    DavidTQ Posts: 943
    The "shape" hiding front padding of cycling shorts \ tights is there for the protection of others, trust me other people done want to see you looking like THAT photo of the polish cycling / budgie smuggling team...

http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2004/ ... Poland.jpg
  • DavidTQ wrote:
    The "shape" hiding front padding of cycling shorts \ tights is there for the protection of others, trust me other people done want to see you looking like THAT photo of the polish cycling / budgie smuggling team...

http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2004/ ... Poland.jpg

God, that photo hasn't half done the rounds on the internet. It seems to pop up everywhere. :roll:
  • Thanks for the moral support, dodgy pictures and jokes.

I think what originally alarmed me was the fact that i had ideas of going to drop off my daughter at school and then ducking straight out of town for a ride.

Basically lots of mums seeing me strut around in black tights and (thanks to the padding) a camel hoof gave me the willys lol
    The scent of these arm-pits is aroma finer than prayer
  • Rich Hcp
    Rich Hcp Posts: 1,355
    webbhost wrote:

I'm always kinda embarassed when I go out in my cycling gear, but only for the first 5 mins until I get going. After that I kinda just forget. :)

I was the same, now I don't care!
    Richard

Giving it Large