Carlton Flyer

GaryGkn
GaryGkn Posts: 1,199
edited December 2007 in Road general
There is a Carlton Flyer on ebay (not mine) which looks like it will go for a good price.
Is the market for classic traditional frames on the up?
I have seen Mercian Vigorelli frame sets go for around £350 and other framesets fetching reasonable prices.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... :IT&ih=011

Comments

• Aidy40
    Aidy40 Posts: 178
    Yes, probably on the up it seems. That reminds me....... did you have anymore thoughts on the Ephgrave?

Aidy
    Aidan Searle
  • peejay78
    peejay78 Posts: 3,378
    i saw a gorgeous carlton go for £26 the other week. i was out when the bids closed, total fuck up.
  • peejay78
    that one is overpriced.
  • GaryGkn
    Well Aidy I'll have to get back to you. I just haven't been able bring my self to decide.
  • 4candles
    4candles Posts: 240
    peejay78 wrote:
    that one is overpriced.

It's only worth what someone's prepared to pay.... things like that find their own price.
  • peejay78
    this is one is RIDICULOUSLY overpriced, and whoever bought it is being silly.

new bob jackson - £280.
  • bagpusscp
    bagpusscp Posts: 2,907
    Frame& Forks £50 Cycling history.
    Paint Work at least £150. For a pro job
    Rechrome on frame and parts between £150 and £200. For a pro job
    Transfers £20
    Total £420.
    Overpriced ?
    I know which I would rather have . :wink:
    bagpuss
  • Dickie
    Dickie Posts: 1,489
    The seller is a friend of mine. His stuff is top notch. If people bid the money how is it overpriced? He would have spent close to that on it. It even comes with a re chromed rocking horse sh-t rare Chater oversize b/bkt.
  • GaryGkn
    It is not over priced do the maths on any pro restoration and it soon racks up.
    Even if you get a frame for free you still have the paint job, chrome and decals plus carriage. Also factor in that these frames are not two a penny.

A new Bob Jackson is something different and good value at £300 but it is not a Carlton Flyer, a Hetchins, Holdsworth or anything else. I bought a BJ Vigorelli but I would buy a Rotrax or an Ephgrave for very different reasons.
  • 4candles
    4candles Posts: 240
    peejay78 wrote:
    this is one is RIDICULOUSLY overpriced, and whoever bought it is being silly.

new bob jackson - £280.

Really...

Think about it mate, ebay is an auction site... top notch rare stuff is going to be expensive isn't it !

:roll:
  • jp31
    jp31 Posts: 1
    i guess you have a point.