Trimetals Bicycle Store

Nuggs
Nuggs Posts: 1,804
edited December 2007 in Road beginners
Hi Gang

I'm going to be purchasing a Spesh Roubaix in the Spring and need somewhere to keep it.
SWMBO has forbidden me to keep it in the house and the garage is tiny - only big enough for my car...

So I was thinking about a Trimetals Bicycle Store. Being metal it seems more secure than a wooden shed. http://www.trimetals.co.uk/bicycle-storage.php?m=4&g=9

Has anyone got one of these? Views? I'm most worried about keeping the bike rust-free - is the store good and watertight?

Also, I'm unsure whether my bike will fit. Being 6'5", I'll be going for the 61cm Roubaix. I've found the dimensions on the Spesh website, but can't work out what the essential measurements are (i.e. length from wheel to wheel (do they measure wheelbase from the inside or outside of the wheels?)) and from floor to saddle). Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    Nuggs wrote:
    (i.e. length from wheel to wheel (do they measure wheelbase from the inside or outside of the wheels?))

Wheel base should be from the centre of one wheel to another. shouldn't it?
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Wheelbase is indeed wheel centre to wheel centre. In terms of fit, best visit a Specialized store to see what they recommend and whether they have a bike fit service. The critical dimension is reach i.e. top tube and stem length - most other dimensions are easiy to adjust / less critical. Wheelbase is more to do with bike handling and stability rather than fit per se.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • Nuggs
    Nuggs Posts: 1,804
    Thanks. My LBS does offer the bikefit service, so I'll be using that.

I really meant, will the bike fit in the Trimetals shed? The dimensions on the Spesh website don't appear to help me determine the dimensions of the bike for 'will it fit the space available'-type questions...