New bike spec, some questions

ianpinder
ianpinder Posts: 266
edited December 2007 in MTB general
Went to the bike shop yesterday to get my new bike specced up and I have a few questions.

The bike spec is:

A nicolai if i order before christmas am looking at an early april delivery.

any ideas of the colour?

the forks, either totems, or the maz 66's 08

chris king hubs on mavic 823s

xtr cranks, shifter, rear mech,

duara ace (sp) cassette,

thompson stem, seat post,

azonic b52 handle bars, should i trust the easton carbon dh.

burgtec pedals,

ck headset

brakes, are the moto v2's of my gspot.

Is anyone running either of the forks and what do you think of them

also if anyone has any bug bears with any of the kit then can you tell me.
Cycling the Tour D'Afrique in 2012

www.tda2012.com

Comments

• dave_s
    dave_s Posts: 4,362
    Nice spec, Easton bars can definitely be trusted but EA70s are light and totally strong so I'd go for those over carbon DH bars personally.

Colour of the frame is down to personal choice, I go for darker colours but some people like frames which sting the eyeballs so it all down to what you like.

Looks a very nice frame though.
    Dave S
  • dan1983
    dan1983 Posts: 314
    I like that camouflage colour. I know this sounds daft, but the frame looks a bit like a machine gun (some people may have to squint a little) so the army colours would top that look off nicely!
  • Sweet frame!i'd go with the eastons personally.Like dave_s said colour is a personal thing.If it were me I'd go for a copper frame to match the easton bars and keep every thing else black.
  • mozzle
    mozzle Posts: 100
    Really liked the Nicolai bikes since they appeared in one of the bike mags a while ago. theres a good range of choices for the colour of frame, personnally it would be the Dizzy Urban Camo for me.. I like the urban warrior look :)
    Looks a really good build your putting together