Can;t Ivan afford a decent bike?

iainf72
iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited December 2007 in Pro race
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• Is it a trek? :?

Interesting that he's clearly sporting Lance Armstrong branded clothing - I wouldn't infer anything from that of course!

Rule No.10 // It never gets easier, you just go faster
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    Amazing how that gear makes a very stylish rider look like a complete fred!.

Once La Gripper finds out he's training in dark clothing, she'll have the vampires dispatched forthwith.
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    LangerDan wrote:

Once La Gripper finds out he's training in dark clothing, she'll have the vampires dispatched forthwith.

Ivan will flash his smile, say something charming in Italian about "la bella Gripper" and that'll be the end of that.

He looks like he's in good shape.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    Ivan who? He's another nobody without his doping regimen in my eyes. I hope the UCI keep an eye on him as he will surely have to dope to maintain the volumes of training needed to keep the level of a grand tour winner...the big myth is the doping is used for the event...when infact it's used to support inhuman volumes of training needed to adapt the body to something genetics never intended it for. If he is off drugs then he will be way off the pace when he returns given the neccesity to dope for the extreme events

ps. my issue about Basso is the pic of his baby in his race jersey pocket ...making a cheat look pure etc...and the lies about only intent to dope
  • terongi
    terongi Posts: 318
    Dave_1 wrote:
    ps. my issue about Basso is the pic of his baby in his race jersey pocket ...making a cheat look pure etc...and the lies about only intent to dope

Why does having a picture of his baby mean that he is trying to deceive people into thinking he is"pure"?

Would anybody think that he was "pure" just because he carries a picture of his baby?

This takes cynicism to a new level.
  • I think that was the original point........
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Basso's baby was born the day before that win, which explains why the picture was a crumpled up piece of A4 rather than a proper photo. Even dopers are capable of being proud parents.

It also explains why he chose not to gift the stage to Simoni.

As for the current pic of Basso training, I had a different initial thought to iain... I thought he looked rather chunky, but maybe it's because he's out of the saddle.
  • White shoes and black socks?

I would never go out on my bike looking in that state.

He is decieving us more than I thought, he is not even a proper Italian!!!
  • afx237vi wrote:

As for the current pic of Basso training, I had a different initial thought to iain... I thought he looked rather chunky, but maybe it's because he's out of the saddle.

Black is supposed to be slimming too!

Rule No.10 // It never gets easier, you just go faster
  • drenkrom
    drenkrom Posts: 1,062
    He looks a little on the bigger side, but just think back to the infamous 98-2002 pictures of Ullrich at this time of year and things fall back into perspective. But that is some ugly ugly kit.

As for assertions that Basso is nothing without dope, let's wait until we see it to pass that judgement. We all know many many many riders doped, but there was never more than three GT winners in one year, out of the many hundreds that populate the pro peloton. They must've had a little something special, wouldn't you say?
  • drenkrom wrote:
    As for assertions that Basso is nothing without dope, let's wait until we see it to pass that judgement. We all know many many many riders doped, but there was never more than three GT winners in one year, out of the many hundreds that populate the pro peloton. They must've had a little something special, wouldn't you say?

Better doctors.
  • drenkrom
    drenkrom Posts: 1,062
    Aitor Osa had the same doctor as Ullrich. I fail to find the Tour win on his palmares, though...
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    drenkrom wrote:
    Aitor Osa had the same doctor as Ullrich. I fail to find the Tour win on his palmares, though...

Better response dope.
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • mozwyn69
    mozwyn69 Posts: 170
    Crap kit / bike,dope or no dope he would stll be at the top of Alpe Du Huez on his second coffee before any of us chugged in. :wink:
    Sometimes you have to lose yourself
    before you can find anything.