So what has everyone got planned for this weekend??

2»

Comments

• Ken Night
    Ken Night Posts: 2,005
    satuday: 200km base miles

sunday: interval training (7 x 20mins with 10 mins rest in between)

Base miles, or base kilometres-it depends where you're riding I suppose :D

What intensity are you doing the intervals at. or are you taking the whole of next week off (work and the bike?) :shock:
    “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best..." Ernest Hemingway
  • vermooten
    vermooten Posts: 2,697
    I was Out There today, hardening the fck up. Very wet, very windy, very nice. Even nicer to get back home though.
    You just have to ride like you never have to breathe again.

Manchester Wheelers
  • Ken Night wrote:

Base miles, or base kilometres-it depends where you're riding I suppose :D

What intensity are you doing the intervals at. or are you taking the whole of next week off (work and the bike?) :shock:

Ken - was wondering when that would get a shocked response.

No, i'm in work today as things are so busy. Yesterday I did 60km with 15km near full throttle and the rest gentle, and then did a 12km run. Starting to train for March duathlons but main focus right now is running and keeping weight reasonable over december.
  • Ken Night
    Ken Night wrote:

How did you do in the Dragon and Etape? The Etape was difficult wasn't it?
    What events are you riding this coming year?

Someone will start a "goals for 2008" thread in a sec, and then we'll all know
    “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best..." Ernest Hemingway
  • Ken Night wrote:
    Ken Night wrote:

How did you do in the Dragon and Etape? The Etape was difficult wasn't it?
    What events are you riding this coming year?

Someone will start a "goals for 2008" thread in a sec, and then we'll all know

I did the short dragon route and used the hills for interval training. I didn't have a chip on, though the guy at the end who wanted to give me a time said i'd come in the top 5. i was shattered at the end of that one even though i;d only done 90miles or so.

etape - 8h 50mins. not bad. really tough but amazing day. absolutely loved it. almost abandoned after 10km as i was falling asleep due to combo of wafer thin french hotel bedroom walls and overexciting british newbies getting up at 3am etc. doing it again this year, though to be honest this year is a sprint in comparison.

haven't decided full list this year. focus is going to be mainly on duathlons (going to try and get to world age group champs), TTs and then a few sportifs. etape, gran fondo campag, and wessex 3 days are all in, but not sure about anything else yet. quite fancy some of the south of france ones run by sportcommunication. trying to end the season in august/september though as ending in november (as with this year) is just too draining.

how about you?
  • Ken Night
    ......haven't decided full list this year. focus is going to be mainly on duathlons (going to try and get to world age group champs), TTs and then a few sportifs. etape, gran fondo campag, and wessex 3 days are all in, but not sure about anything else yet. quite fancy some of the south of france ones run by sportcommunication. trying to end the season in august/september though as ending in november (as with this year) is just too draining.

how about you?

Here is the body of a post I made on the Cyclosport site

"My 2007 records FWIW

FWC-7h14m (22nd percentile)
    WRC-7h 6m (11th percentile)
    Iron Mountain-5h 25m (22nd percentile)
    Etape 8hr 43 (19th percentile, of finishers, not starters!)
    Marmotte 8hr 49m (28th percentile)

Prior to this I have done 3 Etapes getting silver each time, within 10 mins of gold '06

I regularly do 100/200/300k audaxes-no farting about-3h 45m for 100k Dunkery Dash, 12hr for the 300k Elenith

I'm 48, 78kg atm, normally 75kg in summer, 176cm/5'9" MHR ca 190"

For next year..

March-various Audaxes to 300k
    April-Amstel gold
    May-Dartmoor Classic or the Fred again (same day)
    -Etape du Dales
    June-White Rose Classic                                           
    -Dragon Ride
    July-Gran Fondo Pinarello on 20th-and drive to Alpe DHuez for the 23rd July
    August-Elan Valley sportif
  • Ken Night wrote:
    ......haven't decided full list this year. focus is going to be mainly on duathlons (going to try and get to world age group champs), TTs and then a few sportifs. etape, gran fondo campag, and wessex 3 days are all in, but not sure about anything else yet. quite fancy some of the south of france ones run by sportcommunication. trying to end the season in august/september though as ending in november (as with this year) is just too draining.

how about you?

Here is the body of a post I made on the Cyclosport site

"My 2007 records FWIW

FWC-7h14m (22nd percentile)
    WRC-7h 6m (11th percentile)
    Iron Mountain-5h 25m (22nd percentile)
    Etape 8hr 43 (19th percentile, of finishers, not starters!)
    Marmotte 8hr 49m (28th percentile)

Prior to this I have done 3 Etapes getting silver each time, within 10 mins of gold '06

I regularly do 100/200/300k audaxes-no farting about-3h 45m for 100k Dunkery Dash, 12hr for the 300k Elenith

I'm 48, 78kg atm, normally 75kg in summer, 176cm/5'9" MHR ca 190"

For next year..

March-various Audaxes to 300k
    April-Amstel gold
    May-Dartmoor Classic or the Fred again (same day)
    -Etape du Dales
    June-White Rose Classic                                           
    -Dragon Ride
    July-Gran Fondo Pinarello on 20th-and drive to Alpe DHuez for the 23rd July
    August-Elan Valley sportif

did that etape time get you silver in your age group. the standards this year were ridiculous ... or at least it would be good if, whatever standard they set, it is consistent year to year. this year was much harder than 2006 for medal hunters.
  • Ken Night
    [
    did that etape time get you silver in your age group. the standards this year were ridiculous ... or at least it would be good if, whatever standard they set, it is consistent year to year. this year was much harder than 2006 for medal hunters.

by my estimation

6/313 of Cat A (20-29yo) got gold, and 57/313 silver
    28/1107 of Cat B (30-39yo) got gold, while 145/1107 got silver
    In my Cat C (40-49) 43/1640 got gold, and 305/1640 got silver (which I made by 2 mins with my 8h 43m)

Gold on the Vaujany and the Marmotte were easier!
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    vermooten wrote:
    I was Out There today, hardening the fck up. Very wet, very windy, very nice. Even nicer to get back home though.

First time I've seen him, but Chopper Reid is a genius
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • peanut
    peanut Posts: 1,373
    squired wrote:
    I have a busy weekend. Thank god I don't have a wife/girlfriend/kids!

same here but it makes you very selfish doesn't it ! I find I get really irritable when something or someone encroaches on my time . Even a knock at the door or one of the cats begging for food makes me curse if I'm busy repairing a laptop or engrossed in something.

I remember a few years back spending christmas with my Ex's family , aunts Uncles kids screaming Nan's and Granddads etc I was much more mellow and easy going then. Although I got rather possesive of the best armchair after lunch settling down with a good xmas prezzie book an a drink or two.

What's the spec on your new PC ? I need to upgrade my Shuttle soon :roll:
  • yup was out there again this morning from 6.30 doing my weekly century ride and breaking in my new ride!

Very windy, very wet, pretty cold but the chocolate twist and large skinny cappuccino when I got back made it worth the effort :)

Gats
  • PhilofCas
    PhilofCas Posts: 1,153
    yup was out there again this morning from 6.30 doing my weekly century ride and breaking in my new ride!

Very windy, very wet, pretty cold but the chocolate twist and large skinny cappuccino when I got back made it worth the effort :)

Gats

Hats off there Gats, out rode me, mine was 7:30am for a 35 miler.
    Only area that wasn't p*ss wet through was my torso, a good result for an Aldi/Nike combo :wink:
  • still good effort to go out in this weather. Did get wet but stayed warm thanks to Assos multi layering!

Now for a week of commuting in similar conditions - yay :roll:

Gats
  • vermooten wrote:

I ducked out after an hour. Cold and wind I can deal with, but rain just saps my spirit. I probably should buy a bike with mudguards.
    "A cyclist has nothing to lose but his chain"

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • saif
    saif Posts: 100
    Had a good 30 mile ride on Saturday as weather was just stunning . Sunday was lying and working on my imac , the weather was atrocious. Can't wait for Tuesday to get my bike serviced .
  • Never mind thr rain, the wind was ridiculous! Did 2 hours for a ride that normally takes under 1-45 this time of year, and the last part downhill for about a mile where normally 30mph is easy, i was pedalling on the small ring ffs! Set out at 12 so missed most of the rain, though the last 2-3 mils were a bit like to top of the Rhigos last December :shock:
  • Well done Steve, much rspect. I've spent my two days off in the flat. the only ride i got in was to tesco for the weekly shop today.
    http://twitter.com/mgalex
    www.ogmorevalleywheelers.co.uk

10TT 24:36 25TT: 57:59 50TT: 2:08:11, 100TT: 4:30:05 12hr 204.... unfinished business