bike jerseys for girls

mcduff16
mcduff16 Posts: 17
edited November 2007 in MTB buying advice
Hello

I`ve started to get into cycling, purchased my lovely Kona Hoss and am now looking for a bike jersey- got to look the part! However i have no clue about bike teams etc. I`m looking for a ladies cycle jersey- can anyone help? 8)

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    There are quite a few types to choose from! Long sleeve, short sleeve, base layers, mid layers, etc. What is essential is a good base layer that can wick sweat away to the surface. On hot days they are often used by themsleves, but when its colder, a jersey of somesort will fit nicely on top. Then when its wet a water proof breathable jacket on top of that or the base layer. this layers/mix and match approach is usually the best way to do things.

My advice would be to visit a good bike shop where you can try some on and have a llok at the different types.
  • I don't know about ladies jerseys but I've got a unused still in its bag mens marin jersey in medium if anyones interested.
  • dave_hill
    dave_hill Posts: 3,877
    mcduff16 wrote:
    Hello

I`ve started to get into cycling, purchased my lovely Kona Hoss and am now looking for a bike jersey- got to look the part! However i have no clue about bike teams etc. I`m looking for a ladies cycle jersey- can anyone help? 8)

Visit Chain Reaction Cycles and Wiggle, they've got loads to choose from.

Personally I prefer the motocross-style jerseys (sometimes labelled as downhill or freeride). They are quite loose fitting which means they don't get too sweaty in summer and they are roomy enough to get base layers, thermals, armour and so on underneath without becoming restrictive.

Look for makes such as Troy Lee, Sombrio, No Fear, Fox, Thor and Race Face. Most of them are available without sponsors logos so you can mix-and-match - my own personal favourite is Sombrio's Clutch Moto jersey.
    Give a home to a retired Greyhound. Tia Greyhound Rescue
    Help for Heroes
    JayPic