Best 4x/dj tyre combo?

Georgeb
Georgeb Posts: 315
edited November 2007 in MTB general
Im looking to buy some new tyre for my bike. I do mostly dj and a bit of 4x.
I currently have kenda k-rads and have a 2.35" on the front what i might keep for now. What rear and front tyres would you suggest?

I was thinking dmr moto rt or halo twin rail? Or even a schwalbe tabletop?

Comments?

Comments

• rob cole
    rob cole Posts: 706
    you could follow the BMX style setup for DJ and run a knobbly front tire and smoother back tire

for your MTB perhaps a DMR Moto Digger on front, and DMR Moto RT on the rear, or you could keep your K-Rad on the rear..its a similar style tyre to the Moto RT

would be a good combo and should give you plenty of grip for 4x and not tear up the dirt jumps either
    check out my riding - www.robcole.co.uk Banshee Factory Team rider, Da Kine UK Team rider, www.freeborn.co.uk www.eshershore.com
  • Georgeb
    Georgeb Posts: 315
    Thanks rob but not overly keen on the moto digger but ill bear that in mind As i said in my original post what about the schwalbe table top. It looks to be a bit more nobbly than my current k-rads so it could be quite grippy but still fast.

Also, i only have 1.95" on the back at the moment. Do you think this is too thin? What are the advantages of thick/thin tyres?
  • Bikedevil
    Bikedevil Posts: 1,156
    I'd recommend Maxxis Holy Rollers,, only taken mine off because they offer naf all grip in the winter when blasting about the woods
    Brought to you by:
    Trix©orp Industries

For everything & anything pointless