Forum home Road cycling forum Tours, routes, audaxes & organised rides Tour & expedition

Europe Avoided

PercycpPercycp Posts: 230
edited November 2007 in Tour & expedition
Hi all

Just a quick note to say I've finished, for those of you who were perhaps following my progress through Europe.

Eight and a half months I was away in the end, through 17 countries, about 7500 miles, give or take. Here's the full list...

England
France (three times in total - West coast, South Coast, North East corner)
Spain (twice - two complete crossingsl)
Portugal
Andorra
Monaco (Ahem - it is technically a country!)
Italy
Greece
Bulgaria
Serbia
Romania
Hungary
Slovakia
Austria
Germany
Luxembourg
Belgium

Final blogging here: www.avoidingeurope.blogspot.com

Photo exhibition and some related writings now in the pipeline. I won't bore you all with random ramblings but am happy to talk about certain areas or places or whatever, if anyone wants to know stuff.

Cheers

Percy

• CrapaudCrapaud Posts: 2,666
    That looks like a few good days reading, Percy. Could you provide a link to the beginning? All the links I've tried go to day 254.

In the meantime I'll go and get some snacks in and wait for a rainy day. :)

Well done BTW!
    A fanatic is one who can’t change his mind and won’t change the subject - Churchill
  • PercycpPercycp Posts: 230
    If you click on 'March 2007' in the archives links on the right you should get to 'Day One - Combourg' at the bottom (scroll down). That's when the postings from the road started...

Oh and thanks :)
  • DomTDomT Posts: 648
    I remember when you mentioned your plans on the old cycling plus forum, good to hear that it all went well, bet it feels strange to be back home... well done!