TransAlp training races

slowbutkeenMag
slowbutkeenMag Posts: 17
edited November 2007 in XC and Enduro
II'm doing the TransAlp this year. I'm new to MTB racing, but have done some road racing, including the Etape last year. I'm having difficulty plotting some MTB races in the diary that can be part of my training up to the Transalp in August.

Can anyone recommend some tough MTB races, in England/Wales, preferably no further north than Wales, as I live in the South, which is inconveniently flat.

Thanks.

Comments

• Dan67
    Dan67 Posts: 658
    what length of race are you wanting?
  • Anything from 60-70km upwards, with the longer the better as it gets closer to August.

And does anyone run any weekend two-day stage races?
  • Ones that spring to mind are:

Enduro6 in April - 6 Hours
    Gorrick Enduro Challenge in May - 70 miles (if you do the 7 lap race)
    Wight Diamond Festival in May - Not a race but there is a 75km enduro on the Saturday and Sunday.
    Bristol Bikefest in June - If it is like last year a 12 hour race on the Saturday and a separate 6 hour race on the Sunday.
  • Thanks very much. Have checked them out on the internet, and they all look like interesting challenges.
  • ? How do you know that you have an entry as they are not taking entries yet! Teams are very limited, (300) either online or through the organisation magazine in Germany. I am also planning to do the TA & know I will have to do plenty of tough back to back training & racing days. Be prepared, I live in the alps & have done many xc marathons, Marmotte(50th) etc at altitude but don't underestimate this challenge next summer.
  • Dan67
    Dan67 Posts: 658
    also the nps marathons may be useful they are doing the 50km 75km and the 100km i think
  • clanton
    clanton Posts: 1,289
    Merida MTB Marathon series, in Wales, England and Scotland. Distances from 25 - 100km, well organised and supproted and good value. To get the most out of them though make sure you get a good start to avoid the early bottlenecks.