Tour of Russia?

iainf72
iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited November 2007 in Pro race
http://sport.guardian.co.uk/cycling/sto ... 72,00.html

Unlike the Tour of America, I think this one might have wings. At least for a few years until the Russian billionaire bubble bursts.

Some great Pat "Why think when I can just talk" McQuaid.

"We cannot remain a European sport. If we remain a European sport then we die"

Why is that? It's survived for 100 years being a European sport.
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• Chief Wiggum with dollar signs in his eyes dreaming of sleeping in money and blazers. That's the image it conjures for me.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    And there was me thinking Russia is in Europe. But after FIFA decided yesterday that Australia is in Asia I guess anything is possible.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,112
    I do wonder if Pat McQuaid's brain is actually wired up to his mouth?

"Currently the sport is restricted to four or five countries, and it's a small family, an incestuous family. Globalisation could bring in new influences, and be another way of fighting doping."

Those krazy Kazakhs made glorious benefit for anti-doping, huh? :roll:
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    This bit is also cool

"ASO have fought the ProTour by every means possible for three years, and it's been a very difficult war, a very public war, and not pleasant at all. In September we took the decision to give them what they wanted, by excluding them from the ProTour. And now they're not happy with that.

They're not happy with that? Aren't the UCI trying to force ASO to take the PT teams for the Tour de France? How exactly is that different to being in the ProTour Pat?

Dope is the biggest danger to the sport of cycling. The dope just happens to be called Pat McQuaid.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.