Sports Personality of the Year 2007

spen666
spen666 Posts: 17,709
edited December 2007 in Campaign
Unless our Scottish, Irish and Welsh bretheren screw up the voting, I'm presuming that Steve McLaren is not expected to win this year

similarily, I am not gambling my mortgage on the football team winning the team of the year award
Want to know the Spen666 behind the posts?
Then read MY BLOG @ http://www.pebennett.com

Twittering @spen_666

Comments

• Johnny G
    Johnny G Posts: 348
    Yer money's safe.
  • Now, that would be funny, let's get an online campaign going and get "The Celtic Fringe" to vote for him! It'd make the programme worth watching. :wink:
    Remember that you are an Englishman and thus have won first prize in the lottery of life.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    spen666 wrote:
    Unless our Scottish, Irish and Welsh bretheren screw up the voting, I'm presuming that Steve McLaren is not expected to win this year

similarily, I am not gambling my mortgage on the football team winning the team of the year award

How does one gamble with a debt?
  • daowned
    daowned Posts: 414
    It has to be James McFadden an inspiration he has been to the Scotland team and our nation as a whole, if he doesn't win then I suspect that it will be down to a anti Scottish minority at the BBC.

Yeah James McFadden,no one has done anything else better than Faddy this year.
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    daowned wrote:
    It has to be James McFadden an inspiration he has been to the Scotland team and our nation as a whole, if he doesn't win then I suspect that it will be down to a anti Scottish minority at the BBC.

I'd vote for him, Though I'm Welsh I'm also an Everton supporter.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • Interestingly, as I left Australia they were advertising the Oz equivalent---Sports PERFORMER of the Year.
    If I had a stalker, I would hug it and kiss it and call it George...or Dick
    http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/?o=3 ... =3244&v=5K
  • daowned wrote:

McFadden isn't in the shortlist of ten contenders. My money is on Lewis Hamilton. I think it's a safe bet. And WTF is Ohuruogu doing on the list?
  • gavintc
    gavintc Posts: 3,009
    And WTF is Ohuruogu doing on the list?

They have to give the smackheads something to vote for.
  • gavintc wrote:
    And WTF is Ohuruogu doing on the list?

They have to give the smackheads something to vote for.

And the pc brigade.
  • Rob Sallnow
    Rob Sallnow Posts: 6,279
    I don't know what surprises me more....BBCSPOTY being sponsored (by Robinsons) or Sir Alex Ferguson appearing (and speaking!!) to present Sir Bobby Robson with his life time achievement award!!!
    I'd rather walk than use Shimano
  • Rob Sallnow
    Rob Sallnow Posts: 6,279
    And an equally big surprise....a boxer won!!!

How on earth do they have two sets of trophies!!!??? Shouldn't be allowed!!! :shock:
    I'd rather walk than use Shimano
  • It's amazing that a welsh man won the award. Not that he didn't deserve it, because he should have won it last year, but I thougt there is a rule against the welsh winning anything involving a vote - last year's BBC Sports Personality of the Year (remember Nicole Cooke's advert), the General Election when Neil Kinnock was leader of the Labour Party, Rhydian in X Factor, Cerys Matthews in some cacky ITV reality TV programme.

Cars don\'t kill people.
    Motorists do.