Condor Classico Pista

velocipede65
velocipede65 Posts: 740
edited November 2007 in Road general
I really do fancy one of these....

....anyone got one and can give some feedback?

The brochurs doesn't give sizes but ideally I'm after a 55/56cm one......anyone know whether they build into a light-ish bike?

Thanks for any feedback.......

Mike

Comments

• peejay78
    peejay78 Posts: 3,378
    they look nice, but are very expensive.

bit of a case of simulacra - i can't help but think that you'd be better off getting a mercian or a bob jackson.
  • 4candles
    4candles Posts: 240
    I really do fancy one of these....

....anyone got one and can give some feedback?

The brochurs doesn't give sizes but ideally I'm after a 55/56cm one......anyone know whether they build into a light-ish bike?

Thanks for any feedback.......

Mike

You won't regret it... i have a few condor track bikes, regarding weight depends what you put on it, on mine one has Dura ace through out with small flange 28's, one has a full NJS set up with steel bars and the other is a retro 80's as purchaced in the 80's...

All of then get compliments down the track... but i do like the chrome head lugs on the classicos, ive just taken the plunge and ordered a Diamante !! 8)
  • y tin
    y tin Posts: 102
    edited November 2007
    According to an earlier condor brochure the classico pista frame wieghs 1600g (don't know what size) and the fork weighs 700g. So very roughly and depending on kit you go for:
    frame & fork 2300g
    clamp / headset 200g
    wheels 1700g
    chainset & bb 840g
    chain 250g
    pedals 300g
    post 200g
    saddle 150g
    bars 250g
    stem 150g
    tyres & tubes 560g

Did I forget anything?
    total (ex brakes) 6900g or 15.2 lb
    >^..^<
  • GaryGkn
    GaryGkn Posts: 1,199
    I think you can specify straight or curved front fork. They look nice quite 70's. It is a shame Condor didn't do a few old school steel No.1 Track frames to celebrate their 60th birthday! I am sure they would sell like hot cakes!
  • jbindman
    jbindman Posts: 1,328
    think you can specify straight or curved front fork. They look nice quite 70's. It is a shame Condor didn't do a few old school steel No.1 Track frames to celebrate their 60th birthday! I am sure they would sell like hot cakes!

ill have another look at one in that case, i didnt fancy the straight fork when i saw it at the cycle show last year but it looked great otherwise. what does it cost? mind you, not sure what excuse i have for treating myself to a new bike- 10K miles on a standard pista? the mortgage coming off fixed rate? avoiding redundancy for anotehr year?
    fgg 1666
  • GaryGkn
    Erm... I seem to remember speaking to Grant when the bike was originally released at the EXCEL show and it was the same price just a different option. If you had it built with decent but not bling components I think you would be looking at nearly a grand. You could just go the Record/Dura Ace and brobably ad another £600 upwards. I would do it sensibly. Think Nitto parts like the Pearl stem and Randonneur bars would look good and work well with the Condor branded Stronglight/Miche drive trains and hubs. Add a Nitto seat pin and a Brooks saddle and away you go!
  • jbindman
    jbindman Posts: 1,328
    ive looked at the catalogue, youre right its 999 for the basic set up and i have the brooks already...

the standard miche stuff works fine but I suppose this wouldnt be an everyday bike, it would need to be at least a bit bling or why bother. i think a classico with curved forks would be nicer than the percorso, which is their idea of a bling bike.

ill start thinking of excuses for a treat....
    fgg 1666
  • GaryGkn
    As Prince Buster often sings "Enjoy yourself it's later than you think!"
  • peejay78
    peejay78 Posts: 3,378
    is that when riding his classico pista though? or his wrongster?