Trek 7.1 FX size

Blu8
Blu8 Posts: 2
edited November 2007 in Commuting chat
I've narrowed down my search for a commuter bike to a Trek 7.1 FX and will call my local dealer to arrange for them to get one in.

Just wondering what size frame I need. I'm 6'0". I've got a 58cm Trek road bike which fits very well....guess it will be either a 20" or 22.5" for the new 7.1FX ?

Any pointers gratefully received.

Cheers, Blu8

Comments

• The best thing to do would be to go to the LBS and if they don't have that exact bike in, then try out some similar ones in the sizes you want. Get them to let you ride some as well, just so you can feel the differences between sizes rather than just sitting on them and seeing if you can reach the floor. Some shops can get funny about you trying out the bikes, but when you are spending that much, you want to make sure.

Tbh there is no magical formula for sizing up a bike. You are definitely in the right ball park, but remember as well, as you are going to be commuting and the evenings are nearing lunch time you are going to want some seatpost there for lights, reflectors and probably mudguards. Your LBS can advise you further though.

Good luck anyway, the bike looks great!!