gravel rash cream

stubs
stubs Posts: 5,001
edited November 2007 in Health, fitness & training
whoops I think I am going a bit too fast for this bend AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH that bl***y hurts . I now have a large patch of skin missing off me bum hip thigh and elbow due to severe welsh gravel rash. I have picked all the bits of slate out of my body now I want too know what are the best potions and creams for quick recovery :cry:
Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap

Comments

• Sudocrem - http://www.sudocrem.co.uk/

Designed for babies arses but it works really well. Doesn't sting like germolene!!!
  • stubs
    As a total wuss i am using sudocrem. I ended up going to A+E got a tetanus jab apparently this is really important if there is any chance that animals have been in the area well its wales so there is bound to have been sheep pooing everywhere. Also got a box of antibiotics.
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • RichMTB
    RichMTB Posts: 599
    TCP spray on plaster, it could have been invented for mountain bikers.

I had an ugly wound on my elbow i cleaned it and spryed on the tcp plaster, it was a nice dry scab in a day or two and was totally healed in a week.

Sudacreme, germaline, savlon et al are good at relieving the pain but the wound needs to dry to heal. TCP spray dries the wound out while keeping it sealed from the elements.

Downsides it stings like someone has just jabbed you with a rusty spoke but only for a minute or two, be a man wipe of te sudacreme and spray on the tcp, your wound will thank you for it
    Step in to my hut! - Stumpy Jumpy Pacey
  • TCP stinks. Don't mind the pain - it just stinks horribly.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    I used it as a gargle for a sore throat once. Never again!!!
  • RichMTB
    RichMTB Posts: 599
    Not liquid TCP, TCP spray on plaster doesn't stink half as bad as the liquid

Honestly I swear by it. I'm not a particularly fast healer but if I use this on a cut it heals in no time.
    Step in to my hut! - Stumpy Jumpy Pacey
  • FSR_XC
    FSR_XC Posts: 2,258
    arrr ya pooofs!

Dettol & a toof-brush to get da gravel ooot & a bit o' fresh air!

Or ya could wimp oot & use a 'spray on plaster', as these things allow it to heal quicker than anything else that covers the wound.
    Stumpjumper FSR 09/10 Pro Carbon, Genesis Vapour CX20 ('17)Carbon, Rose Xeon CW3000 '14, Raleigh R50

http://www.visiontrack.com
  • stubs
    you werent kidding about that TCP spray hurting I thought the top of me head was coming off
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    My Grandma said that it has to hurt to do some good!