El Capitano
El Capitano Posts: 6,401
edited November 2007 in The Crudcatcher
Below are pics of the two different Lumicycle Li-on batteries I use.:

Endurance:

IMG_1408.jpg

Elite:

IMG_1409.jpg

The Endurance battery will give me approx 6 hours of riding with a 10W Flood battery, the Elite about 2. I'll most likely be using the Elite with a helmet mounted lamp (the battery going in a backpack). The Elite battery weights approx 200g, the Endurance approx 650g (weighed on the kitchen scales so not that accurate...)

As you can see, I've fitted a cable tie around the frame to stop the battery moving backwards and putting stress on the cable and lamp plug.

Comments

• Andy
    Andy Posts: 8,207
  • Below are pics of the two different Lumicycle Li-on batteries I use.:

Endurance:

IMG_1408.jpg

Elite:

IMG_1409.jpg

The Endurance battery will give me approx 6 hours of riding with a 10W Flood battery, the Elite about 2. I'll most likely be using the Elite with a helmet mounted lamp (the battery going in a backpack). The Elite battery weights approx 200g, the Endurance approx 650g (weighed on the kitchen scales so not that accurate...)

As you can see, I've fitted a cable tie around the frame to stop the battery moving backwards and putting stress on the cable and lamp plug.

i also notice that you have the URL to a fine website on your frame
  • El Capitano
    El Capitano Posts: 6,401
    andrew156 wrote:

You may want to check the re-charge times, especially if you are considering 24hr Enduro events. Vin (my son AKA Spungo) has the Joystick helmet lamp by Exposure, which is pretty bright, but takes 7 hours to recharge! (Lumicycle takes 3 with a fast charger)