Forum home Road cycling forum The bottom bracket

Never been so dissapointed!!!!!!!!

sprintkidsprintkid Posts: 315
edited November 2007 in The bottom bracket
Like the the title say's. I have never been so dissapointed :x . I finally got in to a W.H. Smith's today to pick up a copy of pro cycling :D . And I was greeted with a lovely little picture of the most gorgeous women that is Victoria Pendleton :oops: . I felt a warm glow and a suden rush of excitment. I thought to myself what superb picture's await me within the hallowed pages. I rapidly flicked through the magazine to find what I was hoping to be some gorgeous pictures of a gorgeous women :oops: . Thats when the never been so dissapointed statement comes into play :shock: . ONE PICTURE, ONE MEASLEY PICTURE. SHAME ON YOU PRO CYCLING SHAME ON YOU :evil: :evil: !!!!!!!!!!
sprintkid

Posts

  • ivancarlosivancarlos Posts: 1,034
    sprintkid wrote:
    I felt a warm glow and a suden rush of excitment. I thought to myself what superb picture's await me within the hallowed pages. I rapidly flicked through the magazine to find what I was hoping to be some gorgeous pictures of a gorgeous women :oops: . Thats when the never been so dissapointed statement comes into play :shock: . ONE PICTURE, ONE MEASLEY PICTURE. SHAME ON YOU PRO CYCLING SHAME ON YOU :evil: :evil: !!!!!!!!!!

    Perhaps you should've bought a jazz mag instead :wink:
    I have pain!
  • iainf72iainf72 Posts: 15,782
    sprintkid wrote:
    ONE PICTURE, ONE MEASLEY PICTURE. SHAME ON YOU PRO CYCLING SHAME ON YOU :evil: :evil: !!!!!!!!!!

    Fact : The readership of Procycling are mostly interested in pro mens racing.

    Vicky may have looked gorgeous in that picture (I thought she did) but if you want to look at chicks buy Zoo or Nuts. I found the content light this month because I don't read stuff about womans cycling or cyclocross.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • I reckon that Vicky is up for a shoot in Loaded soon....you saw it here .
  • vermootenvermooten Posts: 2,697
    I heard that she's also going to be modelling for "censored " magazine... or maybe I just imagined it.
    You just have to ride like you never have to breathe again.

    Manchester Wheelers
  • girofangirofan Posts: 137
    Fact : The readership of Procycling are mostly interested in pro mens racing.


    That reads like a politicians fact iainf72!
    I think this month's Procycling has more female content than ever, and is all the better for it. Personally I like women's racing, and their comments make a change from 'PR Speak' of most male cyclists!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I say what I like and I like what I say!
  • peanutpeanut Posts: 1,373
    Picked up my copy yesterday (and CW) where the hell is the piccy grrr

    Actually I quite enjoy reading about our girls . They are brilliant.They just do not get the exposure and support/ sponsership that they deserve.
    Anyone see the spirited ride Emma Pooley made in the Worlds ? made a shifting mistake at the bottom of a crucial hill and definitly some tactical errors but she is def going to be a great future prospect for Brit cycling
    We have some really excellent female cyclists

    guess you'll have got a copy of this DVD then Sprintkid
    Victoria Pendelton
  • sward29sward29 Posts: 205
    I have to agree with Iain - this month's issue was the worst ever. Procycling is usually way better than Cycle Sport so I guess that they have to have at least one off day, but this month was a real disappointment.
  • I was actually quite pleased it's about time the mainstream cycling press gave cross a but more coverage, lets face it, it's winter, two thirds of the magazine should be focusing on cross and track if it is to justify its title.
    Nil Points
  • AnonymousAnonymous Posts: 79,692
    iainf72 wrote:
    sprintkid wrote:
    ONE PICTURE, ONE MEASLEY PICTURE. SHAME ON YOU PRO CYCLING SHAME ON YOU :evil: :evil: !!!!!!!!!!

    Fact : The readership of Procycling are mostly interested in pro mens racing.

    Vicky may have looked gorgeous in that picture (I thought she did) but if you want to look at chicks buy Zoo or Nuts. I found the content light this month because I don't read stuff about womans cycling or cyclocross.

    Fact,People who begin a sentence with the word fact really mean " I am always right and if you disagree with me you are wrong". Fact.
    People who start and end a statement with the word " Fact!" are not open to discussion.
  • iainf72iainf72 Posts: 15,782
    whitley wrote:
    Fact,People who begin a sentence with the word fact really mean " I am always right and if you disagree with me you are wrong". Fact.
    People who start and end a statement with the word " Fact!" are not open to discussion.

    Possibly. I'm basing my fact, however, on what the editor of the Procycling rag said in this thread.

    Scroll down and read Pete Cossins comments on what the readers want. (17 Oct 2007 11:34 )
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • tardingtontardington Posts: 1,379
    If she is the one who is in the Sunday Times' sport section - Yes, she is fit. And No, there is just that pic of her. (there is one of her is competitive lycra) but that's the lot. And fair play to her.

    Dirty censored . :?
  • AnonymousAnonymous Posts: 79,692
    People who call A woman, women, are....well....challenged?
  • girofangirofan Posts: 137
    People who call A woman, women, are....well....challenged?


    More PC censored from across the Pond?
    I say what I like and I like what I say!
  • spen666spen666 Posts: 17,709
    peanut wrote:
    Picked up my copy yesterday (and CW) where the hell is the piccy grrr

    Actually I quite enjoy reading about our girls . They are brilliant.They just do not get the exposure and support/ ...

    I'd like to see them get more exposure - page 3 anyone?

    As for support- get them some better bras
    Want to know the Spen666 behind the posts?
    Then read MY BLOG @ http://www.pebennett.com

    Twittering @spen_666
  • on the roadon the road Posts: 5,631
    sprintkid wrote:
    Like the the title say's. I have never been so dissapointed :x . I finally got in to a W.H. Smith's today to pick up a copy of pro cycling :D . And I was greeted with a lovely little picture of the most gorgeous women that is Victoria Pendleton :oops: . I felt a warm glow and a suden rush of excitment. I thought to myself what superb picture's await me within the hallowed pages. I rapidly flicked through the magazine to find what I was hoping to be some gorgeous pictures of a gorgeous women :oops: . Thats when the never been so dissapointed statement comes into play :shock: . ONE PICTURE, ONE MEASLEY PICTURE. SHAME ON YOU PRO CYCLING SHAME ON YOU :evil: :evil: !!!!!!!!!!
    The whole point of suckering you in to buying the mag is to have a picture of a gorgeous woman on the front cover, they don't need to put any pictures inside, just on the front will do and you fall for it every time :lol:
Sign In or Register to comment.