Anyone Woodford, Loughton, Buckhurst Hill looking for a ride

brad68
brad68 Posts: 883
A mate of mine has just started a Saturday morning ride from his shop in Buckhurst Hill. The shop is called online bikes and is in Lower Queens Rd, it is actually directly below the station(Buckhurst Hill) on the lower side of the tracks.
We went out today and did a 45, so if anyone would like to join up then please post. Looking to do a minimum of 40-45 at winter mile pace. The ride is from 9am.
Bc

Comments

• hambones
    hambones Posts: 407
    Definitely interested Brad. I think we've posted on the same threads before now and I'm forever trying to get someone out to ride Saturday mornings so this sounds ideal :D
    Still breathing.....
  • If it's fairly relaxed, I might join you for a spin. How quick do you go (just so I know how quickly I am likely to be dropped: am riding with excess winter plummage at the moment)
    "There are holes in the sky,
    Where the rain gets in.
    But they're ever so small
    That's why rain is thin. " Spike Milligan
  • brad68
    brad68 Posts: 883
    Hello to both of you,

Hambones, yes we have spoken before, jsut that we never quite managed to get all out. You will like my mates shop as he also stocks all the mountain bike gear and they do a Wednesday night ride in the forest. It used to be called Wades Cycles, not sure if you know it.
    Special K, well on Saturday we did a 45 and averaged 17.1mph, a few of us are training for the Marmotte next year, so we are trying to do longer rides and slower. The route we took was fairly hilly, really we just want as many people as possible and for it to be quite relaxed, so if anyone is finding it too fast then we can slow it down for them.
    So this week will be from the shop at 9am, get back to me and let me know if you fancy it.
    Bc
  • hambones
    hambones Posts: 407
    Yes Brad I twigged it was formerly Wades. A couple of the Cru bought bikes from them and I've bought a few bits too. We sometimes see them in the pub after a night ride :)

Will definitely be up for coming out but this Saturday is probably not a good idea seeing as I have a 4-hour XC race on Sunday (unless someone can persuade me it would be good training so close to a race!!)

The following Saturday should be fine though.
    Still breathing.....
  • brad68 wrote:
    Hello to both of you,

Hambones, yes we have spoken before, jsut that we never quite managed to get all out. You will like my mates shop as he also stocks all the mountain bike gear and they do a Wednesday night ride in the forest. It used to be called Wades Cycles, not sure if you know it.
    Special K, well on Saturday we did a 45 and averaged 17.1mph, a few of us are training for the Marmotte next year, so we are trying to do longer rides and slower. The route we took was fairly hilly, really we just want as many people as possible and for it to be quite relaxed, so if anyone is finding it too fast then we can slow it down for them.
    So this week will be from the shop at 9am, get back to me and let me know if you fancy it.

nice one thanks for the reply. I will try and make it on saturday, thanks.
    "There are holes in the sky,
    Where the rain gets in.
    But they're ever so small
    That's why rain is thin. " Spike Milligan