Bonthrone Bikes...

CHRISNOIR
CHRISNOIR Posts: 1,400
edited December 2007 in Campaign
Has anyone else ever ordered anything from this lot? I placed an order for some bib-tights at the start of November, my debit card was charged the following day and since then I've heard... nothing.

Four e-mails have gone unreplied. The phone rings out and an online search has revealed many other dissatisfied customers. Anyone got any ideas how to proceed? Or do I just have to accept I've been bummed for £50?

Comments

• Brains
    Brains Posts: 1,732
    From what I remember of a number of long threads on the earlier version of this site, they have a lot of customers in a similar situation, to be honest I was under the impression they had gone bust ages ago
  • steve23
    steve23 Posts: 2,202
    i had a similar experience, buying some socks off them!!!

they only cost a fiver, but i didnt get them for three months!!!

i emailed them about 10 times, and rung them, but i never go a reply at all.

AVOID BONTHRONE BIKES AT ALL COSTS!!!
    _______________________________________________________________________________________
    If You Can't Cut It With The Big Dogs, Then Don't Pi$$ Up The Tall Trees!
  • Aren't they now sbrsports.com?

They have a store in Fulham, have you tried that number?
  • CHRISNOIR
    CHRISNOIR Posts: 1,400
    star_rover wrote:
    Aren't they now sbrsports.com?

They have a store in Fulham, have you tried that number?

That's a good call! My login details work on the sbrsports site so I'll give them a try. Cheers for that!
  • They are ucking hopeless.

AVOID BONTHRONE BIKES
  • passout
    passout Posts: 4,425
    They did go bust in the past but seemingly came back some how...at least partly.
    'Happiness serves hardly any other purpose than to make unhappiness possible' Marcel Proust.
  • richa
    richa Posts: 1,631
    SBR took over their shop and also acquired their website.
    Rich
  • I wish I had seen this earlier. I ordered a DVD from them and have been waiting for about two weeks. Phoned them today and they said they would get back. Is there any chance of cancelling an order with them and getting a refund?
  • Phoned Bonthone and they came back to me yesterday saying my order will be with me by early Jan next year.