Another Sinkewitz interview

iainf72
iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited November 2007 in Pro race
Thanks to the always brilliant cyclingfansanonymous

http://cyclingfansanonymous.blogspot.co ... rview.html

Ooooof.
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• vermooten
    vermooten Posts: 2,697
    I expect one day soon Sink will be sleeping with the fishes.

+1 for cyclingfansanonymous. Any idea who he is? I presume he's a journalist...
    You just have to ride like you never have to breathe again.

Manchester Wheelers
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    The idea of a team of repentant dopers is an interesting one. Would fans be willing to support a team like that?
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    afx237vi wrote:
    The idea of a team of repentant dopers is an interesting one. ?

Is that not T-Mobile?
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    Sinkewitz really shows Quick step in a bad light. Will there be investigation of that team too?
  • LangerDan wrote:
    afx237vi wrote:
    The idea of a team of repentant dopers is an interesting one. ?

Is that not T-Mobile?

No, he said "repentant" :wink:
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    An interesting point from the Sinkewitz interview is that he's nowtreated like a leper by the cycling world.

Perhaps the fans out there need to be a lot more supportive of Pat and guys like that. He's had the balls to talk but the only message the other guys who might talk are getting it that the media, cycling itself and the fans will treat you like scum if you talk.

As long as he hasn't done a Bella Jorg and claimed something which is not true.

As for CFA - No idea who he is. I got a thank you on his page once but the email I got back from him gave me no clue who he was. He's like a super hero with a hidden identity.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    I love this :

"Think of Phil Liggett, who for years has supported, popularized, and explained races full of dopers as an announcer, and is now struggling to figure out how to deal with the new reality, where his view of the sport and his take on doping are suddenly outdated and even unacceptable"

Anyone who read last month's C+ piece will know Phil ain't struggling at all - he still believes his good mate Lance won clean.

:roll:

Strava is not Zen.
  • Don't panic troops, Patrick Lefevere has got his lawyers on the case as it is such a load of baloney. Phew!
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    Don't panic troops, Patrick Lefevere has got his lawyers on the case as it is such a load of baloney. Phew!

Walter Goodefroot also threatened to sue D'hont but has not done so, that is 6 months ago that threat was made. I think a gutting of management or team director level staff out of the sport is the only hope.
  • afx237vi
    Don't panic troops, Patrick Lefevere has got his lawyers on the case as it is such a load of baloney. Phew!

Hmm, yeah, so how's his lawsuit against Het Nieuwsblad going?
  • iainf72 wrote:
    An interesting point from the Sinkewitz interview is that he's nowtreated like a leper by the cycling world.

Perhaps the fans out there need to be a lot more supportive of Pat and guys like that. He's had the balls to talk but the only message the other guys who might talk are getting it that the media, cycling itself and the fans will treat you like scum if you talk.

I think I would buy a jersey as worn by a 'repentent dopers team'. Having read the Sinky interviews it strikes me that these young riders (and even the bad old guys were young once), are vulnerable, insecure and have been immersed in a culture that appears to view doping as akin to downloading music and DVDs. In that 'we know it's wrong, we know it is not victimless, we don't talk about it openly, but we all do it....'. I believe that is how advanced the doping problem is.

p.s. I have never downloaded or pirated music or film!
  • That was my point. Someone should ask him about that instead of letting him get off with dismissing it as the words of a lunatic and mentioning lawyers. It's a page out of the bad old days PR manual.
  • afx237vi
    vermooten wrote:
    I expect one day soon Sink will be sleeping with the fishes.

+1 for cyclingfansanonymous. Any idea who he is? I presume he's a journalist...

Judging by the opening paragraphs of this post I suspect he could be William S Burroughs reincarnated.

Edit: I hate BBCode with a passion.
  • vermooten
    vermooten Posts: 2,697

I do it all the time, it's great.
    You just have to ride like you never have to breathe again.

Manchester Wheelers
  • vermooten wrote:

I do it all the time, it's great.

Hmm.........if it worked for you, perhaps I should try it!!

p.p.s Is confession good for the soul? Or are the police knocking at the door right now?