mph 3 brake leaver problems

flubic
flubic Posts: 289
edited November 2007 in MTB workshop & tech
my giant mph3 hydraulic disc brake leaver has come out and i have tried poping it back in and it just wont budge is there any special way to do it ?

Comments

• flubic
    my brother poped it back in patients is all that is needed now the leaver feels loose as if it will come out easily again. what do i need to tighten up ?
  • Andy B
    Andy B Posts: 8,115
    This link should help you as it's the same type of push rod & washer system IIRC

http://www.bikeradar.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12550608
    2385861000_d125abe796_m.jpg
  • This happened to me too on my second ride ever after going over the handlebars, apparently it's a known problem.

Unfortunataley mine was fubared and needed replacing as it was more than the washer that was broken.
    New '06 Giant XTC composite.(Black bike No.3)
    Specialized Allez double (Black bike No.2)
    Suzuki Sv650s (Black bike No.1)
    Subaru Legacy GT-B twin turbo (White not Black)
  • flubic
    my didnt break it was pulled out when taking it out of a car its back in now im just not sure which bit to tighten up and the manual is apsolutly useless
  • Andy B
    Andy B Posts: 8,115
    If the push rod was pulled out of the washer then the washer is useless, hence the floppiness of your lever.

If you look at the link I posted earlier & look at my post in there it tells you what to do (if it is what I think it is that has happened.)
    2385861000_d125abe796_m.jpg
  • flubic
    cheers for the link, my dad had a proper look and he says it looks as if nothing actually holds it in place so ive used a hair band for temp cos im going out on a ride tomorow. and he said he will take it apart and inspect, or is there that washer missing from it ?
  • As an earlier poster stated - this is a known fault.

I posted a mail about this maybe 3 months ago - try the search function for giant mph.

You need go to the nearest Giant retailer, they know exactly what part you need. I recommend you get them to fit it too.

found the link for you:-

http://www.bikeradar.com/forum/viewtopi ... =giant+mph