Fuentes - Astonishing read

iainf72
iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited November 2007 in Pro race
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• Interesting read and a good summary of Fuentes' career, though I can't help feeling some bits have been a bit embellished/prone to all manner of rumours that fly around.

E.g. "Fuentes is also alleged to be involved in the doping affairs surrounding Marco Pantani, Dario Frigo, and Giuliano Figueras."

Never heard that one before, and it does sound a bit like 'Oh who else was busted in 2002, let's chuck some names in'.

There does seem to be an awful lot of 'evidence' pointing towards the involvement of other sports, particularly in Spain though doesn't there. And after all that's what all the initial reports did suggest. Plus I think it would be naive of anyone to think that somebody obviously as good at his job as Fuentes would stick to one sport, when a lot of the practices & techniques would have so much value (physically as well as monetarily) in other sports.
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    Delgado admits doping???? Really?? I missed that then...would be completeléy amazed if I missed headline news like that. I don't doubt he did though as he had a masking agent in hus urine or at least with that as its dual purpose
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    I think the author may be stretching things a little, but its a good read.

With all the riders he's worked with that have been busted and the silliy hints he throws at journalists like a panto villain, he comes across as a real feckin amatuer. Think I'd sign up for Ferrari if I needed a boost and not this clown.
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.