Claud Butler Regent Touring Bike ???

AcousticDave
AcousticDave Posts: 41
edited November 2007 in Tour & expedition
I am looking at getting the above bike through Bike to work scheme . I want to use the bike mainly for road use but also the odd Sustrans waggonways paths, Would this bike be able to stand up to gentle off road riding
Any thought s on the matter welcome.

Comments

• I am looking at getting the above bike through Bike to work scheme . I want to use the bike mainly for road use but also the odd Sustrans waggonways paths, Would this bike be able to stand up to gentle off road riding
    Any thought s on the matter welcome.

I've been up your neck of the woods and cycled along disused railway lines on Sustrans routes using a variety of bikes with full camping gear. Apart from punctures there's ben no problems with my road bikes or touring bikes.

Go for it.
  • thanks for reply
    anyone got one ???
  • Met a guy yesterday at Lochwinnoch on said bike......been all over Europe on his,and uses it every day to get to work as well,must be all right!He had just cycled down from Glasgow on a Sustrans track,was having tea and cake then heading back,'bout 30 milesallround. :)
    "Steel tubes,valves that glow and things that spin with 12 inches of plastic on top"