trek pilot 1.0 paint blistered on forks

andy610
andy610 Posts: 602
edited November 2007 in Road beginners
my 2007 trek 1.0 pilot road bike has started to blister the paint off around the top of the forks, has anyonelse had this happen my forks are aluminium at the top and bottom and carbon the rest, the bike colours are team blue and white, the shop where i bought it from says trek cant replace the forks with same colour as they are discontinued and made in taiwan

Comments

• topdude
    topdude Posts: 1,557
    Hi, my trek pilot 1.0 is a bit older than yours with a black and red paint job and black forks. No sign of paint blistering on the forks. Must be a paint defect on yours. I expect replacement forks in black would look ok.
    He is not the messiah, he is a very naughty boy !!
  • andy610
    andy610 Posts: 602
    black wont match rest of bike as it is in team colours
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    I would contact Trek or their UK distributor, any company worth it's salt would come back with a better answer than that.

Get serious, phone them, write letters and be a nuisance if thats what it takes.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    I also have a Pilot 1, but have had no problems with the forks. Trek UK are based in Milton Keynes (I drive past their offices on my way to/from work everyday when I'm not riding in), give them a call.

Although I don't think black forks would be too big an issue.