Bike survey in edinburgh?

tardington
tardington Posts: 1,379
edited November 2007 in Commuting chat
This morning, about quarter to 8 at the busy corner on Chamber's Street, there were three cyclists with clipboards looking at the traffic and ticking boxes/writing stuff. Anyone know what that was about? They were the sort of cyclist that smokes a pipe and recoils in horror from lycra - could it have been Spokes?

I was paying attention because one of them had been in front of me earlier, and gone over a pedestrian crossing instead of waiting for the green light :o

Comments

• whome
    whome Posts: 167
    edited November 2007
    Well Spokes is about utility cycling (inc commuting) so lycra isn't high up the list, but I'm not sure the pipes are compulsory. Perhaps you have a less divers (*) bunch up your way.

* - I meant diverse :)
    Training, highway design and increasing cycle numbers are important to safety. Helmets are just a red herring.
  • tardington
    tardington Posts: 1,379
    Oo er missus.

I guess it must have been Spokes, they put out a wee newletter full of facts and numbers about cycling in edinburgh and surrounds. It's a bit impenetrable!

I do like them though, despite the pipes. :wink:
  • whome
    whome Posts: 167
    Might not be because of a need for newsletter stats - ours does the cycle count on behalf of the council.
    Training, highway design and increasing cycle numbers are important to safety. Helmets are just a red herring.
  • The citycycling.co.uk guys are mostly in Edinburgh too - could've been them I guess.
    mrBen

"Carpe Aptenodytes"
    JediMoose.org