Goal for the day?

popette
popette Posts: 2,089
edited November 2007 in The bottom bracket
I must tidy up my bedroom. I've recently done loads of decorating, dumped all the crap in our boudoir and it's a complete sh!t tip. My goal for the day is to get it sorted and clear a big space so that I can set up the turbo in there. Oh, and to get out on the bike this evening regardless of the weather at 7pm.

What is your big plan for the day?

Comments

• vermooten
    vermooten Posts: 2,697
    To force myself out to a new yoga class this evening. It'll be tempting to stay in and watch telly instead... oh wow that's sounds great actually....
    You just have to ride like you never have to breathe again.

Manchester Wheelers
  • ChrisLS
    ChrisLS Posts: 2,749
    ...to cheer up, feel really down today, despite good ride into work...
    ...all the way...'til the wheels fall off and burn...
  • get a job and mae a decision that has been loosing me slep for a week.

gats
  • Doom
    Doom Posts: 133
    popette wrote:
    What is your big plan for the day?

Not to eat the entire bowl of sweets that has been placed on the table in the office directly behind me... :oops:
    FCN: 4
  • CHRISNOIR
    CHRISNOIR Posts: 1,400
    I will not go on another amazon.co.uk binge...

I will not fly into a rage if Nickelback are on the radio...
  • ColinJ
    ColinJ Posts: 2,218
    popette wrote:
    I must tidy up my bedroom. I've recently done loads of decorating, dumped all the crap in our boudoir and it's a complete sh!t tip. My goal for the day is to get it sorted and clear a big space so that I can set up the turbo in there.
    When I tried using my turbotrainer upstairs in my house it made so much noise resonating through the floorboards that I had to move it downstairs again. It's okay there because I have a solid floor on the ground floor.

EDIT Oh, and to answer your original question... :wink: : I want to finish the prototype of the first puzzle game that I'm developing for the imminent birth of my prize games website. I have people coming for a meal tonight and I've told them that it will be ready for us to play a few rounds.
  • popette
    ColinJ wrote:
    popette wrote:
    I must tidy up my bedroom. I've recently done loads of decorating, dumped all the crap in our boudoir and it's a complete sh!t tip. My goal for the day is to get it sorted and clear a big space so that I can set up the turbo in there.
    When I tried using my turbotrainer upstairs in my house it made so much noise resonating through the floorboards that I had to move it downstairs again. It's okay there because I have a solid floor on the ground floor.

EDIT Oh, and to answer your original question... :wink: : I want to finish the prototype of the first puzzle game that I'm developing for the imminent birth of my prize games website. I have people coming for a meal tonight and I've told them that it will be ready for us to play a few rounds.

Sounds infinitely more interesting that tidying a bedroom (half way there - but where am I going to put all those coat hangers?).
    I haven't got room downstairs so I'll have to give it a try upstairs first. The house is 110 years old so I may just end up going through the floor.
  • So did you go through the floor Popette?

Can we fix it?
    Yes we can!
  • popette
    So did you go through the floor Popette?

Good morning!

I have a tidy bedroom. I went out at 7 in the pouring rain (although a dog, pedestrian, hoody & bad thoughts made me return prematurely).

I haven't set up the turbo yet - I've got a crap pc to attach to it but no monitor as yet. That should be rectified today.

:lol:
  • vermooten
    vermooten Posts: 2,697
    vermooten wrote:
    To force myself out to a new yoga class this evening. It'll be tempting to stay in and watch telly instead... oh wow that's sounds great actually....
    Did it but it wasn't great - I found myself in a room with a bunch of flabby old ladies who had trouble standing up phwooooaaarr.

Today's goal: do turbo session this afternoon. Easy.
    You just have to ride like you never have to breathe again.

Manchester Wheelers
  • ChrisLS
    ChrisLS Posts: 2,749
    ...slow down, and take my time :D
    ...all the way...'til the wheels fall off and burn...
  • other than my ride in the morning the day was a disaster.

Today things maybe different although my goals remain the same.

Gats
  • Just stay calm, don't snap, it's not their fault, they are trying......

My goal for today is to repeat that Mantra in my head over and over again, otherwise you will see me on CNN within the next 24 hours..........

I mean come on it's not that difficult is it?
  • popette
    Just stay calm, don't snap, it's not their fault, they are trying......

My goal for today is to repeat that Mantra in my head over and over again, otherwise you will see me on CNN within the next 24 hours..........

what are you doing over there?
  • spasypaddy
    spasypaddy Posts: 5,180
    i need to calm down, i have estate agents speaking to senior partners and telling them complete lies and then the senior partner rings me very pissed off. Now im very pissed off. But wiggle have made my a bit happier by delivering my new tights and gloves this morning when i only ordered them on monday with free delivery! So very stressed and annoyed just want to get out on my bike. Roll on 5.30...
  • markyboy2005
    markyboy2005 Posts: 465
    edited November 2007
    popette wrote:
    Just stay calm, don't snap, it's not their fault, they are trying......

what are you doing over there?

Slowly going mad!

I work in telco's. If I really tell you what I do, I'll end up being the most detested man on the board and a subject in itself on Soapbox.....
    :oops:

The combination of a completely different culture, language barrier and a customer who does not grasp the concept of time is making me a little frazzled at the moment.
  • spasypaddy wrote:
    you work in a call centre dont you?

chortle...... :P
  • I'm off work and it's raining. So my aim for the day is to sit around and do nothing much in particular. I might go swimming later.
    "A cyclist has nothing to lose but his chain"

PTP Runner Up 2015