After a slow start

Mike Willcox1
Mike Willcox1 Posts: 311
edited November 2007 in The bottom bracket
Is it my imagination or is the forum much busier than when it was amalgamtaed a few months ago?

Comments

• popette
    popette Posts: 2,089
    yeh, I think so. I like it here :)
  • I`m on the forum today as the weather is sooooooooo bad here. I would love to go out riding but as the weather is so bad i`m stuck indoors and am bored.
    And on the 7th day...............
    God created...........
    THE BIKE
  • Yeah, seems like lots of new names about etc too. Hello to all!
  • vermooten
    vermooten Posts: 2,697
    Where's everyone gone? The Racing forum is reasonably active, but Road Rides has died a death.
    You just have to ride like you never have to breathe again.

Manchester Wheelers
  • pedylan
    pedylan Posts: 768
    Not so sure about quantity but quality is good. I had a look at cycle chat but funnily enough it does what it says on the tin and seems to be more chat than cycle.

Here is much better for training, kit, rides etc but as vermooten says it can be a bit sporadic. I'd also say that numbers are a fraction of C+ days and the vast majority on line here are at MTB etc.
    Where the neon madmen climb
  • Just found out that my old C+ membership can be used now its become Bike Radar. I was banned under C+ but was allowed back in with a new user name. Heh Now that I have two which one to use?
  • BeaconRuth
    BeaconRuth Posts: 2,086
    Just found out that my old C+ membership can be used now its become Bike Radar. I was banned under C+ but was allowed back in with a new user name. Heh Now that I have two which one to use?
    TWO Mike Willcoxs?! Isn't one ENOUGH?!! :wink:

Ruth
  • Crapaud
    Crapaud Posts: 2,483
    Beginners and Commuting, I think, are the busiest fora of the non MTB ones (I don't look at Racing as I don't race). I expect that the other fora will busy-up when the newbies get more confident posting; it can be quite intimidating posting your thoughts on a public forum for the whole world to see. At least, that's my experience.

Slightly OT, what's happened to Yorkshireman? I know that he's a member of 2 other fora, but he's vanished from here and another forum I frequent. I hope he's OK. Anyone know?
    A fanatic is one who can’t change his mind and won’t change the subject - Churchill
  • popette
    popette Posts: 2,089
    Crapaud wrote:
    Beginners and Commuting, I think, are the busiest fora of the non MTB ones (I don't look at Racing as I don't race). I expect that the other fora will busy-up when the newbies get more confident posting; it can be quite intimidating posting your thoughts on a public forum for the whole world to see. At least, that's my experience.

Slightly OT, what's happened to Yorkshireman? I know that he's a member of 2 other fora, but he's vanished from here and another forum I frequent. I hope he's OK. Anyone know?

That's my feeling too - I was really shy at first and it took me a while to post anything at all. Now I can't stop and I worry that I post far too much.
  • BeaconRuth wrote:
    Just found out that my old C+ membership can be used now its become Bike Radar. I was banned under C+ but was allowed back in with a new user name. Heh Now that I have two which one to use?
    TWO Mike Willcoxs?! Isn't one ENOUGH?!! :wink:

Ruth

I think even one is too many for some on the old C+ forumers (although I don't see them posting on here anymore).

Sometimes what you post seems a good idea at the time. It's only later when you read it back you realise what an idiot sounds like. Yes I tend to put my foot in it sometimes (alright a lot). which is why I got banned in the first place? :D
  • ivancarlos
    ivancarlos Posts: 1,034
    Yeah I like it... the forum too! :wink:
    I have pain!
  • ChrisLS
    ChrisLS Posts: 2,749
    ...yeah I agree...it's coming back to life :D
    ...all the way...'til the wheels fall off and burn...
  • Eddy S
    Eddy S Posts: 1,013
    ChrisLS wrote:
    ...it's coming back to life :D
    Just don’t pack the defibrillator away yet.

Charging 360. Stand clear… :twisted:
    I’m a sprinter – I warmed up yesterday.
  • CHRISNOIR
    CHRISNOIR Posts: 1,400
    I agree, there was some funny banter going on last week, long may it continue! I dithered for ages about making my first post but as others have mentioned it is quite addictive.

Come on lurkers, you know you want to...
  • Just found out that my old C+ membership can be used now its become Bike Radar. I was banned under C+ but was allowed back in with a new user name. Heh Now that I have two which one to use?

Hmmmm let me see...Mike Willcox or Mike Willcox1. It's gonna be damn hard spotting you with those aliases :wink: However, does this mean there will be 2 Rics??
  • Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    The big advantage this place has over CycleChat or AnotherCyclingForum is that it's linked several magazines, so there will always be a steady influx of new users, which must be a good thing in the long run.

Definitely getting more lively in Cake Stop which was given it's last rights after the exodus.

Hmmmm let me see...Mike Willcox or Mike Willcox1. It's gonna be damn hard spotting you with those aliases :wink: However, does this mean there will be 2 Rics??

Yeah Ric Stern and Ric not very Stern. :D
  • BeaconRuth
    BeaconRuth Posts: 2,086
    Hmmmm let me see...Mike Willcox or Mike Willcox1. It's gonna be damn hard spotting you with those aliases :wink: ............
    :lol:

Ruth
  • BeaconRuth wrote:
    Hmmmm let me see...Mike Willcox or Mike Willcox1. It's gonna be damn hard spotting you with those aliases :wink: ............
    :lol:

Ruth

Hey check out my psycho avatar
  • CHRISNOIR
    CHRISNOIR Posts: 1,400
    'Psycho' avatar, numerous aliases, banned from C+... Be afraid people.

:wink:
  • oldwelshman
    oldwelshman Posts: 4,733
    I do not think there are anywhere near as many posts in here as the old forum.
    I notice quite a few of the c+ and also lots of guys I met racing and on rides in the veloriders forum.
  • CHRISNOIR wrote:

:D
  • CHRISNOIR wrote:

and so you should be of someone on their 4th comeback....
  • ivancarlos
    ivancarlos Posts: 1,034
    CHRISNOIR wrote:

and so you should be of someone on their 4th comeback....

He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy! :wink:
    I have pain!