Suzuki Mudmaster C

BlackSpur
BlackSpur Posts: 4,228
edited December 2007 in The Crudcatcher
Check this out:
http://www.worldcarfans.com/9071010.016 ... yo-preview

A new van/car thing from japan, specially designed to transport mtbs! You would have to love you bike a whole lot to buy a car 'specially for it.
"Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling." ~James E. Starrs

Comments

• Sir HC
    Sir HC Posts: 20,148
    I fail to see how that is any better than something like a Transit/Vito/Transporter. Or even an estate car with a bike rack.
    Intense Socom
    Inbred
  • jacktheoc
    jacktheoc Posts: 1,556
    cant even see the point in it :? looks cr*p aswell :P
  • BlackSpur
    BlackSpur Posts: 4,228
    jacktheoc wrote:
    cant even see the point in it :?

I think they're describing it as a "niche" model :lol:
    "Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling." ~James E. Starrs
  • i bought my car mainly down to the fact i can get a bike in the back...
  • deanvw
    deanvw Posts: 412
    what car do you have then, i gotta buy one next month!!
  • rover 25
    avg 40mpg
    not terribly crap performance
    ins group 6
    fits bike in the back with front wheels off

does me fine. next "car" will be either a vito or a transporter. armchair and bikes in the back.
  • deanvw
    i was looking at a Long wheel base Suzuki SJ413 but i honestly dont know what to get, maybe somthing which has a large boot lol!!!
  • batch78
    batch78 Posts: 1,320
    fits bike in the back with front wheels off
    Do you ride a trike dirtbiker? lol
  • missed an 's' off bikes, realised when i re-read it but couldn't be bothered to go back and change it. I normally take 2 bikes - 2 x 26" or 1x20" + 1 x 24". you've now made me waste a whole post explaining myself! :)
  • deanvw wrote:
    i was looking at a Long wheel base Suzuki SJ413 but i honestly dont know what to get, maybe somthing which has a large boot lol!!!
    gonna be crap for getting anywhere far away, and mtbing you do travel. car with a boot would be better i reckon unless you do offroading.
  • batch78
    batch78 Posts: 1,320
    Sorry dirtbiker! Car with boot everytime I used to have a sierra estate could fit bikes in with no wheel removal required, rear wheel drive for fun in gravel carparks and big enough to sleep in if your that way inclined just dont try having a bbq whilst using the boot lid as a 'roof'!
  • deanvw
    the reason i wanted an sj is because most of the trails around me is all inforests where you have to travel for miles to get to the start and also i live near blandford UK Bike Park and i would be allowed to use my sj to drive up to the park.
  • Well I got myself a Subaru Legacy GT-B for shoving all my kit in, fits my bike with wheels on easy + my longboard at the same time in case the surf's good.

Twin turbos, 280hp, bilstein suspension as standard and 4wd all make it good fun too.

I don't like to talk about fuel consumption though.
    New '06 Giant XTC composite.(Black bike No.3)
    Specialized Allez double (Black bike No.2)
    Suzuki Sv650s (Black bike No.1)
    Subaru Legacy GT-B twin turbo (White not Black)
  • ssjambro
    ssjambro Posts: 595
    saw one on a windsurfing forum i use...

all three sides lift!

v. reliable
  • Get two MTB (with front wheels still on) in the back of our 2005 Astra Estate no problem.
    And its quite fast too - 150bhp diesel one so it moves well and uses naff all fuel.
    Two Stumpjumpers, a Rockhopper Disk and an old British Eagle.

http://www.cornwallmtb.kk5.org