Sportives for younger riders

richiemtb
richiemtb Posts: 10
edited November 2007 in The bottom bracket
Are there any sportives that alow youth riders to enter?
Preferably in Northern England or Scotland.
I am thirteen years old but have cycled 100+ kilometers on many occasions and decided that i wanted to try my hand at a cyclosportive.
Thanks for the help!

Comments

• ash68
    ash68 Posts: 320
    hi richie, just the event for you. www.northernrockcyclone.co.uk Held in June ther's a choice of three rides 31 ,62 or 100 miles.I did the 100 mile ride last year, brilliantly organised, well signposted and feed stations on the way.If you wanted to make a weekend of it, come on Friday and watch the criterium races on the night time , also a chance to sign in for saturdays ride. Sportive on Saturday, then a pro race on the Sunday.Entry for this year opens on December 1st. Take a look at the website, there is a route map and loads of info.
  • ash68 wrote:
    hi richie, just the event for you. www.northernrockcyclone.co.uk Held in June ther's a choice of three rides 31 ,62 or 100 miles.I did the 100 mile ride last year, brilliantly organised, well signposted and feed stations on the way.If you wanted to make a weekend of it, come on Friday and watch the criterium races on the night time , also a chance to sign in for saturdays ride. Sportive on Saturday, then a pro race on the Sunday.Entry for this year opens on December 1st. Take a look at the website, there is a route map and loads of info.

The updated website with online entry facility will go live on 1st Dec.07 as ash68 so rightly says. The text on the website has been updated but the online facility will appear on the 1st December along with pictures from this year and lots more.

Peter
    Organiser