Pedal Reflectors

Bluestoesonnose
Bluestoesonnose Posts: 372
edited November 2007 in The bottom bracket
Been stopped this morning by the boys in Blue for not having pedal reflectors, despite being dressed up in fluro gear with reflective parts on it, and having front and rear lights fitted and working all they were interested in was why i din't have pedal reflectors fitted.

Err cos I am using clipless pedals and they can't be fitted?

Not good enough, try again, road traffic law says you must have them.

Err i'll look into it...

Ok, but don't do it again!

Err ok

Anyone got any answers?
This is why!

Comments

• Mog Uk
    Mog Uk Posts: 964
    As far as I'm aware if the bike was manufactured after October 1985 then it must have pedal reflectors ( none of mine do )

Seems like the copper was a bit of a jobsworth to be honest, specially as I see plenty of cyclists with no lights, on the pavements, all in black etc etc.....
  • bryanm
    bryanm Posts: 218
    Buy a bike manufactured before 1/10/85 ? Or ask them to prove that you're bike was manufactured after that date?
  • heavymental
    heavymental Posts: 2,076
    Jeez, sounds like you were lit up like a christmas tree. He either had something against cyclists or was just a bit of a nob.
  • Rykard
    Rykard Posts: 582
    where was this?
    Cheers
    Rich

A Vision of a Champion is someone who is bent over, drenched with sweat, at the point of exhaustion, when no one else is watching.
  • I'm sure this kind of thing really winds decent coppers up. Talk about antagonising the public. The problem is it just winds you up and you can't do anything about it, other than the response you gave, because after all it is the law. You would like to ask him if his tyres were all to manufacturers recommended inflation levels, if he has additive in his screen washer bottles, if his head goes all the way to the top of that helmet (ok not that one :twisted: ), etc. because they are the law as well. T0sser.
  • nwallace
    nwallace Posts: 1,465
    Of course you would be screaming out for any driver who had a material defect with their vehicle to be chucked off the road.

Note to self, polis cracking down on unroadworthy bikes, put spare pedal reflectors in spares pocket and practice saying "It was there when i set off"
    Do Nellyphants count?

Commuter: FCN 9
    Cheapo Roadie: FCN 5
    Off Road: FCN 11

+1 when I don't get round to shaving for x days
  • Random Vince
    Random Vince Posts: 11,374
    Mog Uk wrote:
    As far as I'm aware if the bike was manufactured after October 1985 then it must have pedal reflectors ( none of mine do )

Seems like the copper was a bit of a jobsworth to be honest, specially as I see plenty of cyclists with no lights, on the pavements, all in black etc etc.....

i take it that i win on that one

built in 1960 something :) i wanna go get stopped now
    My signature was stolen by a moose

that will be all

trying to get GT James banned since tuesday