Advice please!

captain_rigs
captain_rigs Posts: 10
edited November 2007 in MTB rides
Hi, my names max, i just bought myself a Big Hit 04 frame off ebay, i used to ride hard tail, so im making the switch over.

ive got everything i need to put on the bike, only thing is where the hell is good to ride in surrey.

i used to go to penshurst but it was a little to organized. anyone know of good natural trails for downhill stuff in surrey. i live near gatwick airport.

cheers

max
max winslade

Comments

• pittpony
    pittpony Posts: 1,057
    Box Hill and Leith Hill are supposed to be good. I've only doen Box Hill myself but loved it and can't wait to get back :D The bits we did were steep XC. Are you after drops and jumps? I'm sure there is plenty round your way!
  • yeah i know box hill, but ive only ever walked up it, and it was all steps and alot of dog walkers, but i havent looked around it much.

i broke my wrist a couple of years ago, and its never quite been the same, so thats the main reson i wanted a big full sus bike,so its easyer on the arms, but i do like just riding fast down steep trails, with bumps and drops etc, but im not a big jumping fan anymore, as that was how i broke my wrist lol.

i heard about leath hill, but again ive only walked it, but yeah i guess its just finding a bunch of people to go, as im only just getting into downhill.

cheers

max
    max winslade
  • The best riding around there will be Leith Hill and the surrounding hills.

A lot of the trails are hidden away so best if you can find some one local to show you the them, failing that pop into Nirvana Cycles in Westcot who sell maps showing some of the trails. I think Head For The Hills in Dorking may also have trail maps.