off road routes near sunderland????

lofty102
lofty102 Posts: 138
edited November 2007 in MTB rides
I've just moved to seaham near sunderland and I wondered if anyone knew of any good rides near by?? thanks.
2010 Mondraker Factor RR
2014 canyon ultimate cf 9.0 sl
2016 Planet x pro carbon
2017 Scott Spark 730

Comments

• ash68
    ash68 Posts: 320
    hi lofty, don't know sunderland myself for cycling, although the footy team is pretty darn good,went to the S of L last weekend for the derby match, we outplayed the mags big time.Anyway, try routes and riding on this website and type in sunderland there is a few routes on there, but don't know if they are your sort of thing.Hetton Hawks will be around your area I think, may be worth contacting someone on their website, see if they can point you on any good routes.
  • lofty102
    lofty102 Posts: 138
    Hi Ash,

Thanks for that advice, I'll have a look at that now. The S of L is a pretty impresive stadium, if you ever get chance to do the tour go for it, its canny impressive, especially when you get to walk down the tunnel with the music on, it hair raising stuff!!!
    2010 Mondraker Factor RR
    2014 canyon ultimate cf 9.0 sl
    2016 Planet x pro carbon
    2017 Scott Spark 730
  • Dr_Death
    Dr_Death Posts: 1,262
    lofty,

There are a view of us that ride regularly out of Newcastle, what sort of riding you into?? You'd be more than welcome to join us I'm sure. Most of our rides are organised here but don't tell the mods on here, they tend to get a bit upset.
    PM me for more details.......
    Steve

Trust me, I'm a doctor!

http://www.vimeo.com/DrDeath
  • Steve same for me, we are a Newcastle based MTB Club who ride on Thursdays (local) and Sundays (in the wilds) PM me if your interested. First post here mods so feel free to shout at me and i'll apologise if I'm doing something wrong :wink:

Oh and Dr Death, if you guys fancy getting both clubs together for some rides PM me also.

Cheers
    Want a club that knows the trails around Newcastle during the week and goes further every weekend of the month, rain hail sleet or shine?

www.newcastlemtb.org
    www.midaircrisis.co.uk