superficial and daft question

popette
popette Posts: 2,089
edited November 2007 in The bottom bracket
what is going on with bradley wiggins hair?

I know, it's trivial, superficial, irrelevant - hair style means nothing, he's obviously very talented young man. But come on - what is going on with it? get it cut

Comments

• CHRISNOIR
    CHRISNOIR Posts: 1,400
    I suspect Bradley is in the same follicle-position as me - it's receding and he's not happy. I feel your pain Brother Wiggins, I feel your pain.

A couple of years ago I hit on the perfect semi-Beatles / floppy fringe / mod / mop-top combo that was just, like, so me. I was happy. Then my hairline started, ever so slowly, to make it's way towards the back of my head. I was not happy. It's not terminal (yet) but has really made me wonder: can I cope with baldness?

As a kid I always thought "Don't worry about it, mate. In a few years time they'll have invented some pills or something." It's never happened. As such there'll always be men growing hair long to cover bits up.*

*(I don't mean a combover or anything, I'm vain - not stupid...).
  • popette
    If that's the case then it really is working because I wouldn't have suspected for a minute that he was going bald. Honestly.
    What is worse though - Bald head or bad hair? When I look at him it just puzzles me - it reminds me of something out of Lord of the Rings :D .
    Bradley, get it cut - Bald is 8) , bad hair is :cry:

My husband is getting a bit thin on top - he has it cut really short. He's like my very own action man :lol:
  • CHRISNOIR
    It was just a hunch I had - guess that whole 'Samson / Delilah' thing made us guys a bit jumpy.... I was overjoyed when the trilby came into fashion - unfortunately I looked a t*t in one.

Is Bradley's hair really so bad? Take a stroll down Oxford Road here in Manchester and you'll see Bradley has the equivalent of a sensible short back and sides.
  • popette
    It's just the long bits over his ears but you know what? I take it back - who made me the arbiter of good taste? :) Trinny and Susannah would have a riot going through my wardrobe. Plus, I've got the reverse problem of Bradders in that I have a started growing one new hair - on my chin!!!! I do pluck it out though. Gawwwd. I can't believe I just revealed that. :oops:
    Sorry Bradster, you're gorgeous really.
  • I think he must be a Jam fan.
    "A cyclist has nothing to lose but his chain"

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • CHRISNOIR
    I think he must be a Jam fan.

There is a definite Weller / mod influence going on, isn't there? I think he should start putting loads of wing-mirrors on the side of his bike and wearing a parka. Amphetamine abuse is not recommended...
  • I saw him the other day . He was walking with one of his kids who'se got the same hairstyle as him would you believe .
    Luke
  • popette
    8) actually he is quite attractive with short hair
    Medal6.jpg

:? me no like
    742477199_2085cebd2b.jpg
  • McBain_v1
    McBain_v1 Posts: 5,237
    With long hair he looks like Beaker from the Muppets™ :lol:

image.jpg

What do I ride? Now that's an Enigma!
  • popette
    my kids just cracked up at that picture
  • ivancarlos
    ivancarlos Posts: 1,034
    That is an uncanny likeness :lol:
    I have pain!
  • BeaconRuth
    BeaconRuth Posts: 2,086
    Popette you're very very right. Action man hair is good. Shaggy mop is bad............ in fact, that's who he reminds me of - Shaggy from Scooby Doo!

Ruth
  • popette
    BeaconRuth wrote:
    Popette you're very very right. Action man hair is good. Shaggy mop is bad............ in fact, that's who he reminds me of - Shaggy from Scooby Doo!

Ruth

Glad I'm not the only one Ruth :) yes! Bradicle is shaggy!
  • tardington
    tardington Posts: 1,379
    He does look a bit like a thin member of oasis.

Are beards allowed? I've got an action-man cut, and my winter beard is nearly the same length - stylin'!

Of course, the girlfriend says she is not sure... it was her idea for me to grow it!
  • popette
    yes, you get the popette seal of approval :) as long as the beard is not too long. I like it when Mr Popette is a bit stubbly. As I said on a previous thread (but then edited out for fear of revealing too much about myself - which I frequently do on here I think) I like a bit of rough! :lol:
    Then again, not too sure about prickly stubble and kissing.
  • CHRISNOIR
    Beards are bloody eveywhere at the moment (not literally, I know they're "on blokes faces" but... you know what I mean...). I went to a gig the other night and virtually half the men there had beards. I think there's something a bit sinister about beards on young men.

Maybe they're trying to look more 'serious'...