Fondriest?

komrayd
komrayd Posts: 6
edited November 2007 in Road general
Hi all,

I've just finished a 2004 Fondriest build, and was looking at the current range. I wanted to find out prices, but I can't find anyone in the UK who distributes them. Whatever happened to them? Any ideas of how to get one??

Cheers

Comments

• Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Fondriest went into receivership a year or two ago and are currently re-emerging under new ownership with a new range of bikes. Don't know if anyone has been appointed distributor in the UK. I also know that apart from their top-range carbon bikes, the remainder were made by the likes of Viner. The previous top of the range machine was a really classy machine in the flesh and some of their paint finishes quite stunning. I've always liked Maurizio, particularly as we both share the same date of birth!
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • Cheers for the update. I was wondering what the link to Torpado bikes on their website was for. Do You know if Fabrizio is still involved with the company or are they just using his name? What are Torpado bikes like? I guess we can't get them over here either, sorry about all the questions, I've just come up with this Italian bike fetish of late :)
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Yes, Torpado are the new owners and AFAIK Maurizio is still involved - he's all over the website anyway! You might want to try emailing them to see if they have any UK dealers or point you in the direction of a dealer who'll ship to the UK.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • Yeah, I tried emailing both Fodriest and Torpado a few times but as yet have had no response, there isn't much you to do, maybe I should offer my services as their UK representative :) Thanks, for your help though, cheers.
  • ademort
    ademort Posts: 1,924
    Hi there is only one dealer for fondriest in the UK
    March Motorcycle Spares L.T.D.
    Nene Parade March,
    PE15 8TD
    01354-656150
    Hope this helps ademort
    ademort
    Chinarello, record and Mavic Cosmic Sl
    Gazelle Vuelta , veloce
    Giant Defy 4