Orderd a trek 1.5!

muz250
muz250 Posts: 95
edited November 2007 in Road beginners
Finaly made the choice of what bike to get, went to a lbs to get sized up and put my deposit down, 1st week of december I should be collecting a 54 cm Trek 1.5 triple, with a wireless speedo meter fitted :D .

Also got my cheap internet bike serviced by the lbs am getting the trek from and now the gears work, am going to use this as my winter bike ( Buying a new bike right as winters getting into full flow seems a bit daft on reflection but hey..) ive orderd some lights and mud gaurds for it and a helmet, jacket and some padded undershorts for me (getting a bit skint :shock: ), so till december and rainy days Il be riding the trusty mercurio.

http://www.rideabike.co.uk/ebay/mercurio121.jpg

Now all Iv got to do is get out there and on with it!

Comments

• Congratulations!

Has it arrived yet - how are you getting on with your new bike? Enjoying it? Was it a good choice for you?

Graeme.
  • Rich Hcp
    Rich Hcp Posts: 1,355
    Good choice, you going clipless too?
    Richard

Giving it Large
  • Excellent. I had a Trek 1500t a few years ago, and that was a very good introduction. I like the most recent slightly-sloping top tube geometry, plus they seemed to have improved on the handlebar angles.
  • muz250
    Thanks !

Iv not got it yet although the bike is now in stock, The shop phoned on thursday. I will be going to get it on friday or saturday.

Am on holiday for the last week in november so ill be putting some miles on it right away. I pritty sure its going to be alot better than the bike I have in terms of comfort. The bike I sat on in the shop was the trek sl 1000 and that felt very comfortable.

Iv been riding a 20 mile route and theres one fairly big climb (imo anyway) and thats been taking me 1hr 30mins so am hoping the new bike will make a difference to that time right away, am getting fitter all the time as well so that time should improve anyway.

Am going keep the standerd pedals just now Iv never tryed anything else.
  • muz250
    just got back in from my first ride on my new bike and its so much better that the old one!.

Iv got the computer on it, my 19.3 mile ride took me 1hr.19mins with a top speed of 37.4mph!, 11mins faster than my old bike, plus I had a indian and a few beers last night so wasnt feeling to good for the ride.

The bike fits me far better, is way lighter and its got sora gears which are far better that the gears on my mercurio (on frame) plus the its a triple which I think saved me alot of time when I was going back up the hill that I got the top speed on, I could sit and spin in a realy low gear as apose to stand and and grunt my way up it, not sure if it was faster but it didnt wear me out as much.

So am very very happy with it, Iv got a week off my work so hopefully the weathers good and I can ride every day, then Ill time my self on the same route and see if I can better it.

I think am going to sell the mercurio see if I can get some money for it, dont think Ill be riding it even if the weather is bad, the trek just feels so much easyer for me to ride. I might get a mountain bike for the bad weather.