White Rose Classic Sportive entries open

Anonymous
Anonymous Posts: 79,667
Right then, Who's up for this well received sportive this year?

The entries have just opened up and I was first online entry...not keen or anything :wink:

Looking really forward to this, it had enormous praise last year, and there's no better than the Awesome York Dales to spend of day! Only ever did the more Northern Dales stuff - Tan Hill / Buttertubs / Fleetmoss / Park Rash / Oxnop etc so this sportive allows me to see one of things i've been wanting to see for a while...Ribblehead Viaduct, and i'll also be able to see much more of this outstanding terrain. Can't wait, me and one of my buddies from kendal's already signed up - anyone else doing it?

Cheers,

Rich

Comments

• ash68
    ash68 Posts: 320
    got my name down last night as well. looking forward to it( i think) :lol: This will be my first attempt at this one , any tips Richyboy? Looks very hilly and hard work, guess the main thing is to start off steady and not get carried away with the occasion?Only heard good things about the ride. Thinking of trying the Rydale rumble as well. Anyone know when entries open for that one?
  • MartinJ
    MartinJ Posts: 104
    Thanks for the news - I've just booked on too. Had to miss it last year due to injury, but 2006 was one of the best events of the year. I missed gold by 2 minutes so I guess I've got a target!

See you there!
  • Anonymous
    ash68 wrote:
    got my name down last night as well. looking forward to it( i think) :lol: This will be my first attempt at this one , any tips Richyboy? Looks very hilly and hard work, guess the main thing is to start off steady and not get carried away with the occasion?Only heard good things about the ride. Thinking of trying the Rydale rumble as well. Anyone know when entries open for that one?

Hi Ash68...Tips!

Only tips I can think of is just survival mate :wink: I'm not by any means a fast cyclist and things like this I just try and limit the damage but usually by the end i'm cooked anyway...its gonna be great. I always see guys shoot off too fast to start with on these very demanding rides, some guys are just brilliant and are that good they can keep it up all the way through, but an awful lot get caught short and end up toasted by the middle mark...I always see lots of suffering at the 60mile stage...I start slower and I usually get stronger from the 40mile stage onwards..but I'm still knacked by the 115mile stage! If i went too fast to start with I probably wouldn't finish...thats how I know my body..and thats how I personally approach these things. Other people are very different and much better than me :D

Don't matter anyway, sharing stunning scenery with such demanding terrain with an other 1000 crazy guys is a great experience..
  • vermooten
    vermooten Posts: 2,697
    Doh! Same day as Paris-Roubaix sportive. Oh well.
    You just have to ride like you never have to breathe again.

Manchester Wheelers
  • Yay. Entry sent :twisted:
    "A cyclist has nothing to lose but his chain"

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • John C.
    John C. Posts: 2,113
    Rich
    Mail Demon keeps returning my e-mails , have I upset you ?

Decided to do the Fred Witton rather than the Etape (cannot do both) The Etape sold out in 4 hours last year , is the Fred Witton likely to be the same.
    http://www.ripon-loiterers.org.uk/

Fail to prepare, prepare to fail
    Hills are just a matter of pace
  • Anonymous
    John C. wrote:
    Rich
    Mail Demon keeps returning my e-mails , have I upset you ?

Decided to do the Fred Witton rather than the Etape (cannot do both) The Etape sold out in 4 hours last year , is the Fred Witton likely to be the same.

No Johnboy...thats weird....I'll send you on an email with relevant info on the FWC...got a feeling you'll be ok with entry.....

If you don't get it tonight then just reply here mate and I'll give you a wee phone.

Cheers.Rich
  • hugo15
    hugo15 Posts: 1,101
    Got my entry in. Went for the 133 km option.