New in scotland

dh_nisse
dh_nisse Posts: 13
edited November 2007 in MTB rides
I'm not new to mountainbiking, been riding for about 6 years now, i have one downhill bike and one XC bike, and some other bikes :wink: But I'm new to biking in GB I'm moving to Edinburgh with a friend, and i have no Idea about where to go ride. Any downhillers from that part of scotland to be found in this forum? Would be really nice if someone could show us around the trails and all that. both of us can do some dirtjumping and freeriding to 8)

I hope you can understand me, not that good when it comes to typing english :?

you have a good time boys and girls!

Comments

• woodywmb
    woodywmb Posts: 669
    Some of the forum-ites will fill you in about the Pentland Hills
    ( www.edinburgh.gov.uk/phrp/biking/biking.html ) and the MTB centres at Glentress and Innerleithen ( http://www.thehubintheforest.co.uk/ ) . There is a good book which will help: bikefax - Southern Scotland & the 7 Stanes ( www.bike-fax.com) £17.
  • Andy B
    Andy B Posts: 8,115
    dh_nisse wrote:
    I'm not new to mountainbiking, been riding for about 6 years now, i have one downhill bike and one XC bike, and some other bikes :wink: But I'm new to biking in GB I'm moving to Edinburgh with a friend, and i have no Idea about where to go ride. Any downhillers from that part of scotland to be found in this forum? Would be really nice if someone could show us around the trails and all that. both of us can do some dirtjumping and freeriding to 8)

Actually your English is of a higher standard than a hell of a lot of forum users!

As mentioned earlier, Glentress & Innerleithen are good places to start.
    2385861000_d125abe796_m.jpg
  • Andy_B wrote:
    dh_nisse wrote:

Actually your English is of a higher standard than a hell of a lot of forum users!

As mentioned earlier, Glentress & Innerleithen are good places to start.

Okay, thanx! :D will definitely buy that book. Mountainbiking seems to be qutie a big sport in GB? I mean here in sweden no one knows what downhill is and they have definitely not heard about freeride :roll: Hope thats better on your island :D
  • schmako
    schmako Posts: 1,982
    Hey the Pentlands is awesome for xc. I've got lots of routes with plenty of ups and downs. DH you want to be heading to Innerleithen and Glentress (20/30 minutes out of Edinburgh by car). Innerleithen have a massive range of DH runs and GT having a great fun FR park.
  • Schmako wrote:
    Hey the Pentlands is awesome for xc. I've got lots of routes with plenty of ups and downs. DH you want to be heading to Innerleithen and Glentress (20/30 minutes out of Edinburgh by car). Innerleithen have a massive range of DH runs and GT having a great fun FR park.

sounds nice! thanks! :D But how about places in the nearness to Edinburgh, I mean places you can ride your bike to? It wont be a problem taking the pickup, sinc we have one, but I was hoping for something closer to the city, dirt tracks, XC routs, whatever basicly :wink: