Can I get a TT bike on the Ride2Work scheme?

vermooten
vermooten Posts: 2,697
edited November 2007 in Road beginners
The rules don't say that you can't though if I had to stand up in court and say "I use this bike primarily for commuting to work" I'd die laughing.

Any thoughts?
You just have to ride like you never have to breathe again.

Manchester Wheelers

Comments

• redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    Why not? People get full suspension bikes don't they? And they don't need all those springs.

You could say you want to get to work as efficiently as possible.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • alfablue
    alfablue Posts: 8,497
    You just have to use it for work for 50% of the time - though there are no cycle to work police to check on this. I reckon you will get one, your employer's HR dept pobably wont know or wont care what a TT bike is.
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    alfablue wrote:
    I reckon you will get one, your employer's HR dept pobably wont know or wont care what a TT bike is.

I Agree, Most people couldn't tell the difference between a normal road bike and a TT bike anyway.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • willbevan
    willbevan Posts: 1,241
    as mentioned about done think people would care really

the chaps that where pushing for it at my place (still waiting) asked me what i was after, and i mentioned a trek that was a TT and they didnt seem to care ;)
    Road - BTwin Sport 2 16s
    MTB - Trek Fuel 80
    TT - Echelon

http://www.rossonwye.cyclists.co.uk/
  • vermooten
    vermooten Posts: 2,697
    groovy thanks!!
    You just have to ride like you never have to breathe again.

Manchester Wheelers
  • Steve_F
    Steve_F Posts: 682
    How could anyone tell if you use that bike for C2W or another, how could they even tell that you don't use your car every day?

The amount of people using this scheme must mean that a huge amount are buying say a nice full sus bike and using it off-road at the weekend and using an old road bike for commuting - now who would do such a thing :shock:
    Current steed is a '07 Carrera Banshee X
    + cheap road/commuting bike