Suffolk riding groups?

Dan.hkr
Dan.hkr Posts: 68
edited May 2009 in MTB rides
Hello everybody,

im sure this has been brought up before...
Does anybody know of any riding groups in Suffolk?
i just cant seem to find anything.

if there isnt how many people would be interested in starting a riding group in suffolk so around Felixstowe / Ipswich / woodbridge

i only ride by myself at the moment (can you hear the violins playing?) would like to be part of a group so could go on road trips to south wales and the dales and so on (dont fancy going on holiday by myself!)

Take care
Thanks chappies
:)
Enjoy the simple things in life

Comments

• Try these links below, which should also have links to other mtb clubs.

We are always looking for new TIMBER members.

http://www.timbermtb.org/

http://www.trogmtb.co.uk/

Cheers

Dave
    Dave
  • hi Dave.

im a new member on the trog site as rendlesham is only bout 20min drive away, havnt joined timber as didnt know how often i would get down to thetford as its about 1hr 30mins away.

thinking bout it though i may join, would love to help trail build as i have alot of experiance in building dirt jumps, berms, and pump bumb sections and theford forest seems cool would need sombody to show me around though.

just really want to be part of a group! feel i have somthing to offer even if it is just a smiling riding partner, and would benifit from being around other riders.

thanks for the reply
    Dan
    Enjoy the simple things in life
  • roscopeco2000
    roscopeco2000 Posts: 135
    hello dan iam from ipswich and in same situation me and my mate looking for more people to ride with iam thinking of joining that site,theford only about hour from ips
  • BeardedDave
    BeardedDave Posts: 1,977
    We have an loose norfolk and suffolk based riding group. Some of us ride pretty much every weekend. There tends to be regular Thetford rides, along with fairly regular rides at Woburn and Chicksands, plus a few trips to Tunstall. We also do a few trips further away, be it Wales, Scotland, the Peak District, South Downs or elsewhere. In fact, 12 of us are of to South Wales tomorrow morning, for a long weekend of riding! :D

The link to our forum is in my signature. Feel free to post and join in, we're a friendly bunch.
    East Anglia Biking Collective!
    http://www.easternbikemonkeys.co.uk/forum/
  • roscopeco2000
    roscopeco2000 Posts: 135
    i have just joined the forum dave i will be posting soon i want down to rendlesham forest and had nightmare,couldnt find the longer route ended up going through what looked like a gippo site, i found it very badly laid out.
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    I'll be in if you're doing rides earlier than 7 during the week.

Rendlesham's 10 minutes from where I work so I'm planning on riding there more and Alton Water's on the way home so that's going to be a regular.

Don't know where the gypsy camp bit that's been mentioned is at Rendlsham, unless it's where the workshops are past the Forest Centre and Parking.
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?