Cube? any good

gthang
gthang Posts: 293
edited November 2007 in MTB beginners
Hi guys, time has come to replace my 12 year old GT Timberline. I am very out of touch with MTB I was 16 when I got the GT and am now 28 and I want to start biking again.

What is the general opinion of Cube bikes, I dont know much about them and cant seem to find many reviews.?

I am tempted with the CBLTDR08 in blue & silver

http://www.cyclex.co.uk/index.php/produ ... 08-cx.html

Have a look at this link and let me know your thoughts, I am 85kgs so perhaps 100mm forks are better then 80mm for me?

Are there any other bike at £800 which you would recommend?

Thanks in advance

G

Comments

• Dan67
    Dan67 Posts: 658
    By anything that cube have gone by so far it should be a steal. Great components and good frame. cant go wrong really
  • I just picked up a Cube Appear via an Ebay auction(run by the company in the original link), even though it was the 'lowest' spec Cube I'm really impressed with it(even more so with what I paid for it). I struggled to find a lot of info on teh brand as so few people import them but those I did find have nothing but praise so I tooke the plunge and I'm very gald I did. Only thing to bear in mind is all the manuals are in Dutch/German so make sur you bookmark babelfish. I'm lucky enough to be close to the cyclex outlets so know that I have people who have experience with Cube bikes to hand if need be in future
  • janwal
    janwal Posts: 489
    Hi gthang,have a look here for bike specs www.cube-bikes.de
    Click on english at the top. I have had the cube acid (about £600) for 4 months.Can't recommend it highly enough.Excellent spec bikes with good frames it is a pleasure to ride.Cube have been big in Europe for a long time,running full works teams etc. I understand the importrers have all but sold out this years stocks so something must be good.I got mine from Velocity cycles in Huddersfield. So Take the plunge I'm sure you won't be dissapointed.
  • I concur, I bought a 2007 Cube Acid Comp and am very impressed. I prefer the blck colour scheme to the blue and white but either way, you'll get a great bike.
    Currently riding - Lapierre Zesty 314, as yet without any bling

New toy - Diamondback Mojito, SS rigid 29er

RIP 2007 Cube Acid - Stolen by pikeys
  • gthang
    Thanks for the thoughts, glad to hear you guys have had good experiences with Cube.
  • yep they look good bikes to me great for the money and german built so cant go wrong :wink:
    focus superbud
  • SeanJ
    SeanJ Posts: 4
    I recently bought a Cube Ltd Race, less than £800 and I can't recommend them enough. It came specced with XT rear/front, LX cranks/shifters, Avid Juicy 7 brakes, XT hubs, Schwalbe tyres, Reba SL's and FSA/Ritchey to finish.
    '07 Cube Ltd Race
  • also have a look at the focus bikes
    same german made and great spec for the price
    i like the focus super bud :wink:
    focus superbud
  • nikrad
    nikrad Posts: 28
    hi great looking bikes with awesome spec anybody know where i can get one online with a finance scheme
  • SeanJ
    SeanJ Posts: 4
    nikrad wrote:
    hi great looking bikes with awesome spec anybody know where i can get one online with a finance scheme

Chainreactioncycles do finance but it's not 0% afaik
    '07 Cube Ltd Race
  • gthang
    edited March 2008
    ll
  • gthang
    SeanJ wrote:
    I recently bought a Cube Ltd Race, less than £800 and I can't recommend them enough. It came specced with XT rear/front, LX cranks/shifters, Avid Juicy 7 brakes, XT hubs, Schwalbe tyres, Reba SL's and FSA/Ritchey to finish.

What sort of riding have you been doing? How much travel have you got on the front fork? the 08 Ltd race model has 85mm I am talking to the shop about getting it wilth 100mm
    would be interested to know your thoughts on this
  • nikrad
    nikrad Posts: 28
    Live in telford so it might be a touch far but they are nice looking bikes so it could be worth phone them to see if i can sort something out