Crank Brothers Candy Pedals?

stuxmann
stuxmann Posts: 31
edited November 2007 in XC and Enduro
hi, im fairly new to XC riding and im struggling with the Shimano SPD pedals my Kona Caldera came with. I find them awkward to get into , especially if setting off on a hill and i also prefer to "ride" the pedals when going downhill, ie- unclipped , and the Shimano pedals have no platform for this and my feet therefore slip off a lot. I have been looking at the Crank BrothersCandy pedals or the MAllett as these seem to be a sort of hybrid between flats SPDs, which will enable m,e to hopefully climb hills clipped in whilst go downhill unclipped ( and also set off on hills on the flats until i can clip in). Has anyone got any views on these pedals please?, many thanks

Comments

• Hi, I had the same problems with SPD, once you have tried the candys there is no going back.
    They are brilliant, only one of our group uses SPD now, the rest are on CB eggbeaters/candys
  • There's not a lot of platform on the Candys, and you can sometimes clip in without really being aware of it (caused me at least one clipless fall.)

Maybe look at the Smartys as they're slightly bigger than the Candys, or as you say, the Mallets which are much larger.