Classic Fame Renovation...

4candles
4candles Posts: 240
edited November 2007 in Road general
... i live 20 miles north of London, has anyone got any ideas on where i should take a 1979 Claud Butler for a makeover and transfers ?

regards
ed.

Comments

• Ste_S
    Ste_S Posts: 1,173
    Mario Vaz in Lewisham is at the cheaper end of the scale, while Witcomb's in Deptford are at the opposite.

Outside of London there's Mercian, Argos, Bob Jackson, Atlantic Boulevard etc who all offer a collection service for around £25
  • proto
    proto Posts: 1,483
    I've recently had a 1970s Shorter frame modified and repainted. Very happy with the results. Much cheaper than the others mentioned, especially for things like contrast panels and lug lining. Nice bloke to work with too.
  • 4candles
    4candles Posts: 240
    proto wrote:
    I've recently had a 1970s Shorter frame modified and repainted. Very happy with the results. Much cheaper than the others mentioned, especially for things like contrast panels and lug lining. Nice bloke to work with too.

Was that done by "Shorter" as they are in north London arn't they ? any contact details Proto.

regards
  • Are you after original transfers or something close or custom ?

I can do vinyl decals

Pete
    Recipe: shave legs sparingly, rub in embrocation and drizzle with freshly squeezed baby oil.
  • proto
    proto Posts: 1,483
    4candles wrote:
    proto wrote:
    Was that done by "Shorter" as they are in north London arn't they ? any contact details Proto.
    regards

Sorry, but I missed out one vital bit of information. :oops: The renovation was carried out by Mario Vaz. He was a delight to deal with, knew exactly what I wanted. Had Shorter decals in stock and in fact knew quite a bit about Shorter and their framebuilders (most likely Barry Chick in my case)

see here:
    Shorter fixie