bike advice

frankieboy
frankieboy Posts: 32
edited November 2007 in Road beginners
Hi guys and gals

Well i have a hybred for commuting on but i fancy a road bike to do weekend club runs and during the season a few time trials.

My budget will be about £600 to £800 pound.

has anybody heard of be one bikes ?? i like the look of the be one storm?? value for money.

any thoughts???.
many thanks.

Comments

• ok not to many replies then lol.

so if the budget was £600-£800 whats the best value for money road bike for weekend club runs and a few time trails?????????.

any thoughts??????

cheers
  • McBain_v1
    McBain_v1 Posts: 5,237
    Never heard of B1 bikes, but then that's not saying much.
    As for £800 budget there are probably a lot to choose from. the Specialized Allez seems to be a perennial favourite of many, but I don't know. Have you any particular preference for frame material, wheels, group set etc. that might make giving advice easier :?:

What do I ride? Now that's an Enigma!
  • frankie, as long as you spend your budget in a bike shop close to where you live, you will find that £600-£800 will buy you a great bike these days. Far better to build up a relationship with your bike shop than to choose a certain brand over another.

There are a couple of decent shops down your way aren't there?

www.onyerbike.co.uk
    www.primera-bournemouth.co.uk
    www.cycleweb.co.uk/cntys/cnty-lsts/sth-do.htm

one of those three should easily be able to help you out. Just choose the shop that gives you the best service and treats you right
  • cheers guys yeah primera is pretty good
  • Go on to wiggle and look at the Focus Cayo full carbon , ultegra shiffters ect. my friend has just bought on and for £849.00 one hell of a price. Frank
  • Forgot to add make sure whatever you get is fitted to you.!
  • franwsh09 wrote:
    Forgot to add make sure whatever you get is fitted to you.!

so you recommend going mail order for the bike then put the above statement :? er, isn't this the point I was trying to make? Going to a bike shop locally is beeter for you. better a bike that fits than a bargain that's the wrong size or needs adjusting.....
  • You can get measered for a bike at most good shops, and then get the mailorder bike to those specifications"Easy.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,449
    franwsh09 wrote:
    You can get measered for a bike at most good shops, and then get the mailorder bike to those specifications"Easy.
    And where do you go when your local LBS has gone out of business as it can't compete on price with the "pile 'em high, sell 'em cheap" mail order companies?

:roll:
  • most shops these day will match any mail order firms price, i,m all for looking after your local shops, but hey if you can save one or two hundred pounds, i know what 99% of people woud do. Your not a shop owner by any chance!
  • Rich Hcp
    Rich Hcp Posts: 1,355
    Go to your favourite LBS.

I did and came away with a better deal than I could get on mail order.

Guess where I'm going when I get a new MTB? :lol:
    Richard

Giving it Large
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    If you get yourself up to London I'll sell you my July 06 Focus Variado Expert for £400 (bought for £800). It's a fantastic bike and in great nick with Ultegra throughout (except for the FSA chainset).

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/ProductDetail.a ... &UberCat=0