One calf bigger than another?

tardington
tardington Posts: 1,379
edited November 2007 in The bottom bracket
I always push off with my RIGHT leg. And rest leaning on my LEFT leg.

My lovely gf has decided this means my right leg will get stronger - and noticeably more muscley... And also longer...

Is this true? :shock:

PS they seem to be the same so far, but I'm doing my best to alternate starting legs. I fell over this morning at the lights :oops:

Comments

• Could try riding backwards.
    Perpetuating the myth that Lincolnshire is flat.
  • fossyant
    fossyant Posts: 2,549
    Rubbish............

You cycle with both legs don't you - pushing off doesn't use much force, not compared to say climbing...
  • McBain_v1
    McBain_v1 Posts: 5,237
    I've got one calf slightly bigger than the other, it's the same with arms as well. I think that if you take the tape measure to most of your muscle groups you will find imbalances. If you're a body builder then you have to strive for symmertry - but I'm not so I don't let it worry me :P

What do I ride? Now that's an Enigma!
  • PhilofCas
    PhilofCas Posts: 1,153
    i think generally men have one ball bigger than the other too
  • McBain_v1
    I ain't measuring to find out :!:

• PhilofCas
    PhilofCas Posts: 1,153
    McBain_v1 wrote:
    I ain't measuring to find out :!:

ask your Mrs :lol:
  • Other way around - I always use my left leg to lean on and push off with my right leg on the pedal. I do a LOT of this commuting in London. My left calf is noticibly better defined (not bigger) than my right one (which is not too shabby itself!).
  • I think its natural to have a slight difference in size. Even Schwarzeneggers left (i think) bicep was smaller than his right, and he even used to do extra reps to try and make up the difference, but never could.
    "A cyclist has nothing to lose but his chain"

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • McBain_v1
    Judging by your picture / avatar thingy, I wouldn't be surprised if your "supping arm" was bigger than your other arm either :P

• tardington
    tardington Posts: 1,379
    I am now alternating legs, so I don't have to worry about Uneven Leg Syndrome.

I think I maybe slightly paranoid though, I now alternate the arms I carry the bike with up and down the stairs to my flat... :shock: