Trouser for mtb.

mtb guy
mtb guy Posts: 8
edited November 2007 in MTB beginners
Hi, all
I am wanting some trousers for the winter season because i think i will get very chilliy in shorts during the winter. But my normal trousers always get caught in the chain, so are mtb trousers really any different. Are they specially designed not to get caught in the chain or do you wear clips with them. If someone could put me straight and explain this all to me i would be very grateful.
Thanks, Mtb guy :D
P.S If anyone knows some cheap trousers that work well please tell me the name.

Comments

• wop
    wop Posts: 41
    I've used Endura Humvee trousers,which were o.k., a mate uses adidas ride pants he got on ebay cheap.

You could always wear tights, which you can get cheap on running sites, and put your shorts over the top. It sounds naff but works okay, stops the whole trouser in chain thing happening!

Failing that get a set of Ron Hills!Cheap and go baggy at the knees!
  • dunker
    dunker Posts: 1,503
    i've got an endura humvee and a singletrack both are good, the singletrack is thicker. both have velcro stuff on the lower legs so you can have them baggy or tight or somewhere in bettween if you like. the sizing of the humvee is spot on but the singletracks 30-32 is more like 31-33.
  • woodywmb
    woodywmb Posts: 669
    Good advice. Go for Humvees or the dearer Singletracks. Everything you could want in MTB trousers. Pockets big enough for OS maps (easy reach from the side) plus fly zip and belt and buckle which can be easily be adjusted through thick gloves. Clever design. The Humvees can be too long but the Singletracks can be altered using Velcro fasteners at the bottom of each leg.
  • I just recently got some 3/4 length hummvee's and they do the job very nicely :)
  • hi i use altura bolder ones
    that is going to hurt in the morning
  • I have the full length humvees and 6'2" their little short, but otherwise great trousers !

It\'s 106 Mile to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it\'s dark and we\'re wearing sunglasses
  • gthang
    gthang Posts: 293
    At 6'4 I have never found trousers to fit! If anyone knows of any with extra long leg please let me know.